Chapter 7 // Part 1

Lauren's POV

We've just figured out a 'plan' for Henry's date. It's pretty basic actually. Captain Man and Schwoz in the Captain Man's Van that looks like a ham delivery bus on the outside apparently, but on the inside, there are super cool gadgets. And for me, Ray evidently trusted me to sit somewhere near Henry's table and observe. And I get to bring my gadgets, that I built obviously, to arm me just in case some dweeb shows up and attacks Henry.

"You ready Henry?" Ray asks as he's making sure that I am armed but not anything suspicious, and he gave me like $50 for dinner. Alrighty.

"Yup! I just don't want to die!" Henry says with a wry attitude.

"You'll be fine Henry!" I said with enthusiasm.

"Schwoz! Let's go!" Ray said.

A/N: (For this, Lauren will wear a black leather jacket, a fitted white tee, some dark denim, and some white Converse.)

After a not so long ride in the Man Van, we saw that the restaurant was right across from the SWELLVIEW MALL. Henry and I got off and met Chloe. Chloe was wearing a lovely royal blue dress, a washed out denim jacket, and some black wedges. I got to admit, she looked really nice. I looked at Henry and he looked at me. We were both nervous, but we were ready. He walked Chloe to a table and I sat at one four tables away.

I sat at my table and made sure that my headset worked and that I can text Ray if my gadgets were broken. Luckily, there was wifi there! The restaurant is outdoors, which makes everything so much safer! Not! In the meantime, I decided to order a salad and some water because I'm healthy (JK NOT REALLY). I order my food and I see Henry with Chloe sitting and talking. Nothing bad happened. Yet.

I finish my salad and I pay. I was about to leave but Schwoz comes out of nowhere and almost attacks me and says I need to go back to my seat. Apparently, Schwoz says I need to stay there until Henry finishes his date. And luckily for Schwoz he knows the manager. The manager is... Ray's dad??? Well he's still a person that doesn't think of Schwoz as a crazy psychopath... Okay. So he told the 'manager' that I was going to stay there for a little until 'her' father (Ray) picks me up. It's going be a loooong time before Ray does.

So I whip out my advanced, mini Pear pad and I start doing some science. Wow what a nerd. Just kidding, it was some formulas for how weapons work, costume bubble gum, all that good stuff. Just until I see a boy from school walking towards the restaurant. It was Zander. He's president of the school's photography club and kinda good looking I guess... Okay, I admit to having a tiny crush on him. (SO GUYS... HE'S GOING TO BE COREY FOGELMANIS BECAUSE I LOVE COREY!) He was walking around looking for a seat and he apparently sat down at my table. I literally almost dropped and broke my Pear Pad trying to turn it off.

"Hey Lauren!" Zander said a little too suddenly.

I almost broke my Pear Pad because was so startled. That and I tried to 'hide the evidence'.

"OH! Hi Zander, what's good?" I awkwardly said, trying to get myself together.

"Sorry did I startle you?"

"A little yes..."

"Well, um, may I sit?"

"Oh um, sure."

He took a seat and I put my Pear Pad into my bag.

"So, what brings you here?" He asks, trying to make conversation I'm pretty sure.

"Um, food? Isn't that why we're here in general?" I almost retort.

"Oh right. Did you order yet?"