Chapter 6

It was weird. That was the only word to explain how the cousins were feeling. It was a bad weird for Thalia and a hurtful weird for Percy. None of the hunters knew the whole story on as to how they lost their guardian. Phoebe was stalking around the camp with a victorious smirk etched on her lips. Atlanta seemed to have completely faded into her tent, only coming out for food (which they now had to hunt for). Thalia herself was second guessing her choice in sending Percy out. All in all everything seemed utterly chaotic when Artemis stepped into the camp that day. "Where is your guardian?" Artemis asked, her eyes sweeping over the mess that was called camp. Phoebe stepped forward, "He has done something unforgivably disgraceful to one of our Hunters. Lieutenant Thalia and I had to shun him out of here". Confusion swept across Artemis and the hunters. What had Percy done? Some of the younger hunters had actually started warming up to him. "What are you saying, Phoebe?" Artemis asked. "He...it's quite delicate, Lady Artemis. Perhaps, a meeting in private to explain?" Phoebe asked, her face the epitome of innocence. Thalia remained in the back when she was suddenly yanked behind a nearby tent, which happened to be Atlanta's. A hand clamped over her mouth to prevent her from yelling out profanities, "Its just me, Thalia". Thalia sighed in relief. "What is it, Atlanta?". The brunette looked extremely nervous, her eyes darting around the entire area, hands fidgeting with her parka. It suddenly struck Thalia that Atlanta didn't look all that hurt or haunted, considering what had transpired. Before she could ask though, Atlanta spoke, "Just listen, OK? Don't... Don't be angry." Confusion struck Thalia. "What is it?" She asked. By the end of Atlanta's explanation, Thalia wondered how there wasn't a storm brewing outside.

She wasn't angry.

She was beyond furious.

"I'm sorry! Phoebe...she threatened me with my younger sister whose at camp. She said she'll hurt her. I had to to do what I had to do! I am so sorry"Atlanta begged, her eyes pleading, "Is there anything you wouldn't do for your family, Thalia?" (A.N: See what I did there? Star Trek reference!) Thalia closed her eyes, willing herself to calm down. The image of a pair of distraught sea green eyes flashed behind her closed eyelids. What the Hades had she done? She had driven her cousin away, exactly what all those at camp had done to him. "Thalia?" The daughter of Zeus had forgotten about the other hunter's presence. She opened her eyes and smiled shakily at Atlanta who looked extremely flustered. Without thinking Thalia hugged her. "Thank you for telling me the truth." Thalia whispered, "I will deal with this". She pulled away, her face set with hard determination. She stalked out from behind the tent and went straight to the tent from which loud voices emanated. "-not possible, Phoebe. Perseus would never do such a thing!" Artemis' voice was sharp and firm. "But Milady, we have witnesses. The lieutenant herself was there. She was the one who drove him away and frankly speaking, I think what she did what was right" Phoebe's voice drove blind rage into Thalia's veins. She tore open the flap of the tent and stomped in, glaring daggers at the girl. Uh Oh. Looks like that stupid girl, spilled the beans, Phoebe thought. She put on a brave smile, "Lieutenant, there you are. If you could please explain to Lady Artemis about our predicament, it would be of great help to me." She said. Thalia didn't waste time in getting her hands on the conspirator. "Why you..." A powerful slap had Phoebe's face turning to the side, blood rushing to her face. "Lieutenant Thalia!" Artemis' voice sounded horrified. She was just about to yank Phoebe's hair when she was pulled back by an unseen force. Thalia snarled. Artemis stood in between the girls, giving them both a stern look through narrowed eyes. "Lieutenant, please explain to me the reason that lead you to hurt your fellow hunter". She said, her gaze set firmly on Thalia's face. Phoebe glowered at the Daughter of Zeus, a bruise forming at the jut of her jaw. Thalia couldn't help but feel proud. "Milady, Everything that Phoebe has told you so far...is a lie." Thalia started and when Phoebe started protesting, Artemis silences her with a glare. Thalia went on to explain what had happened, feeling extremely guilty whole time. "Phoebe, you should be ashamed of what you've done" Artemis said after Thalia's explanation. Phoebe didn't look the least bit guilty, "He deserved it! All men are pigs! And my best friend died because of him!" She snarled. Artemis sighed. "Phoebe I know that men are vile but that doesn't mean that all men are. Perseus is nothing like that. Even Zoë acknowledged that before she passed." She said. Phoebe looked baffled. "what ?". "It means you drove away a honest and a loyal man away, you minx!" Thalia growled clenching her hands into fists. She looked ready to pounce on Phoebe. "as I recall I didn't, Lieutenant. You did." She sneered. Thalia paled. Phoebe was right. She was the one who had pushed her cousin away. "Enough, girls. We should first find our guardian and he will decide Phoebe's punishment" Artemis announced before leaving in a flash.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys. I'm so, so sorry for such a long delay. If this chappie is not that good, I'm sorry for that too. I hope everyone is doing fine. I'm sorry for the delay.