A New Life (Chap. 5) (a witch love story)

Start from the beginning

"Aunt Lyn-" I started to complain, but the doorbell cut me off.

"Hey," the subject of our conversation said as I open the door.

"Hey Daren, let go," before my aunt can embarrass me, I added in my head.

"Have fun on your date," Aunt Lyn called just before I shut the door. Well I guess I asked for it...

I blushed and he laughed. "Is there something I should know," he teased.

"No, my aunt is... just... interesting. Ignore her."

He laughed. "If you say so.... Oh, you look beautiful today," he commented.

"Thanks, but this isn't something I would normally wear." I blushed an even deeper shade of red. I was having trouble finding clothes that were washed, so I had ended up wearing an outfit that my aunt had bought me when I moved to Seattle. I was wearing a deep blue dress that had a v-neck and went down to just below my ankles. I also had a jacket on. Apparently, this week had been abnormally warm for December; in the sixties and the sun was out. But this wasn't so bad for me, because all year the temperature in Santa Anna ranged from an average of about fifty-five degrees in the winter to seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit in the summer; I was used to the cold.

It was the rain that I hated, that combined with the wind was just miserable. I was used to cold, but not rain, definitely not rain.

Daren opened my door for me and I got into his car. "So why are we going to the park?" I questioned.

"Well no one seams to go to the park anymore, everyone just thinks that it's only for younger kids," he explained. "But I love the park, the wild life, to watch the kids playing; I think it's just so relaxing."

I laughed, "Sounds good to me." We ended up going to the park that was by my house. I sat on a swing while he was on the ground writing in some book. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing," he said, blushing slightly.

I got up and sat beside him, he hid it from my view. "Oh, please, oh please, oh please," I whined, sounding like a four-year-old.

He laughed, "You sound so cute when you whine."

"Cute enough to see what's in your notebook?"

"Hmm, let me think, close, but no." I pouted, but when I thought he was distracted, I snatched the notebook from him and ran into the trees and climbed the closest one I could find. "Hey, give it back!" he protested and ran after me. But he couldn't find me up in the trees.

~~~Daren's P.O.V.~~~

"What are you doing?" she said suddenly. She had been so quiet while she swung slightly back and forth, I had wondered if she had forgotten that I was there.

"Oh, nothing," I lied, trying to hide my embarrassment.