3

I awoke the next day and stared out the window. It was November, and already it was snowing. I stretched, then shivered, looking at the hearth in the girl's dormitory. I pointed at it and muttered, "Ignis." Orange fire ignited in the hearth and I sighed, slowly sinking into my comforting bed once more. It was Saturday, so I had no school.

The moment I closed my eyes, Draco Malfoy waltzed across my vision. My eyes shot open again and I sat straight up in bed. Oh, God, not again.

I sprang from my bed and ran to the bathroom, wanting nothing more than to rid my thoughts of Draco. Instead of taking my usual shower, I took a bath instead. I sighed, sinking deeper into the waves of the water. Soap came from the holes in the bath and I sighed, rubbing it along my goosebump-ridden skin. I glanced around the gigantic bathroom, wondering if anyone else was here. Luckily, I was alone.

After a while of soaking, I got out of the bath tub and wiped myself off with a towel before wrapping it around me and walking back to the girl's dorm. I picked out a pair of running shorts, then grabbed an under armour, long sleeved shirt. I then put my hair in a bun, then grabbed my messenger bag and walked to the common room, where people were already talking.

I looked around for Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but they weren't there. I walked through a few people, reaching the door and going downstairs. Maybe they were at breakfast or something.

When I got to the Great Hall, I sat and took a plate, serving myself with scrambled eggs and toast. I took a fork and began eating, and didn't notice that someone was next to me until I was done with my meal. That, and the fact that the person had said, "Someone's hungry," once I finished.

I jumped, then turned to face Draco, annoyed. "Draco, I am trying to eat," I muttered, annoyed.

"And I'm trying to figure you out," Draco replied with ease as he grabbed a glass of milk and sipped it. When I gave him a look, he smirked cunningly at me. "Do you not remember what I told you the last time we saw each other?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, but looked at him and gave him a "continue" gesture.

"Well, I plan to make you like me."

"That's likely," I snickered, brushing away a strand of blond hair. I narrowed my green eyes at him, but I got curious. "What makes you think you can persuade me?" I asked, hoping not to sound all that interested.

"Because I'm a persuasive person." He shrugged like it was no big deal. "I'm good at making people trust me."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay. How long have we known each other now, Draco? A week? And you still think you and I can be friends?" I chuckled mercilessly. "You have fun in your fantasy world. Be sure to tell..." I sighed. That comeback wouldn't work. Draco seemed to see I was lost for words and laughed. He tried to ruffle my hair, but I quickly avoided his hand, getting just enough time to see a tattoo on his left wrist. I got just enough to study it before he covered it up again.

It was a snake intertwined with a skull.

"Is that a...?" I looked straight at the tattoo, confused and a little frightened. I didn't know how young recruits of the Dark Lord, Voldemort, could be. I glanced back into Draco's icy blue eyes, blinking.

He wasn't smiling anymore. In fact, he looked a little confused himself. "Look...," he muttered, taking my right wrist. I didn't protest as I waited for his explanation. "I was Chosen for something. You can't tell anyone about this, all right?" He looked around. "Come with me. I want to show you something."

"Why should I trust you?" I murmured. Though no one was staring at him and I, I felt the need to keep my voice low.

"Because I'm a slightly trustworthy person," he said, and I couldn't help but chuckle.