Chapter-12

"Can't you do anything? I promise I'll pay you every bit of it. Please." I heard my mother saying. "I am really sorry Mrs. Murray but I can't. Even if I want to. The point is not the money but she has only a few days or maybe a few months left." It was Dr.Steve. I felt dizzy. Everything blurred and went black. I opened my eyes trying to locate where I was? Hospital. "Emily?" my mom asked me. I could hardly hear her voice. "You alright sweetie?" asked me. I just smiled unable to reply. "Everything's going to be okay hon. Don't worry. I'll arrange something for you." She said. She doesn't even know how to lie. I tried to fight back my tears but I had no control on them. It had been 5 months since that night in that heavy rain. "Emily....there is some guy wanting to meet you. Should I send him in?" my mom asked. I nodded. It was Sean. The last person I thought it would be. I tried to get up but failed miserably. "What are you doing? Why didn't you tell me?" he asked angrily. "What's the point in telling you?" I asked. "Emily I love you. And this time I am serious. This is no game. I really love you. Please don't go." He said looking his usual self but he had dark circles under his eyes. Tears started flowing down his cheeks. I trust him this time. "I love you Sean. I always have." I said. He came closer and wrapped his arms around me. We both lying on the same bed. "Please don't go. Please." He whispered in my ear. "Don't go. Be mine." He was crying with such sincerity that my heart went out for him my eyes filled with tears again. Tears of love and care. This was something I never wanted to see. I didn't want him to cry. It didn't suit him. I wanted him to laugh and be happy, smile his dimpled smile where his eyes brightened up. "Sean..." I said softly. It was difficult for me to speak. He hugged me harder. "Yes Emily? You okay?" he asked. "Sean promise me one thing. You won't cry anymore...you don't look hot. You will stay happy forever. I LOVE YOU SEAN." Saying this to him today made me feel complete. He leaned in and kissed me softly on my forehead. "I love you too Em." He said whilst looking deep into my eyes and holding me by the waist.

I smiled softly and said "I want you to live happily, I want you to smile, I want you to laugh, I want your eyes to glitter with happiness. I want you to live-for yourself, for me, for our love." Tears trickled down his cheeks. I moved closer to him and wiped the tears off his cheeks and added "I don't want you to cry, I don't want you to feel miserable. I want my old Sean back-the laughing, dimpled smile boy. I love you and I want you to move on-move on in life, happily. I love you Sean. Always had. Always will." He hugged me hard and I sighed. This was where I belonged and I wanted to be here-with him. "I love you too Emily. Forever." He said. I closed my eyes and cherished his embrace, his love and him.

For love is pious and glorious. It made me feel complete and I was glad it had struck me. For only some are lucky to have encountered it and be loved back and I was one of them. I was content. I was with him. And I loved him.

A POEM BY MUSKAAN BHAT SOON ;)