Chapter One

"Run Ava!" shouts Abby as I began to slow up. "Ava hurry!"

The air is rough against us as we run as fast as we could. The only light we have is of the full moon glowing brighter than usual.

The woods where full of broken down trees and caves. The air was moist from fog and make it difficult to see, but easy to hide.

Trying my best not to fall, I jump over a broken tree and balance myself. Running at my best speed I was still a bit behind Abby but catching up.

The air began to grow thick as I could feel the presence of the hunters gaining on us. Turning around to see them I could notice them catching up.

Abby turns back and looks at me and nods. Understanding her nod we both turn a hard right. Through the mist we hurry and hide behind what seems to be a moss tree.

"How did they find us," I say through breath.

"I don't know just stay close," says Abby looking over shoulder to see how close they where.

"Abby I'm getting tired. We been on the run for a month now," I say with a bit of anger.

"We're almost there. I promise you we will make it."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I am your protector, trust me."

Nodding my head in agreement she looks back again and says "We need to go. Now!"

Getting off the tree we begin our run as we could hear the heaviness in our enemies footsteps. The footsteps began to sound closer and closer.

"Abby there catching up to us what do we do?" I ask in panic.

"Shit. Concentrate and tell me what you hear," she says dodging a branch.

Making a mental note of the path in front of me I close my eyes and listen. Trying to block out everything else I notice the sound of something hard.

It's heavy, strong, fast, and soothing.

As I still focused on my hearing I could physically feel myself jumping over a log I made a mental note of.

"Hurry Ava!"

What are you? What can something so strong be peaceful?

After getting an idea of it I open my eyes. "There's a waterfall up ahead!" I say.

"Really? How far away?" asks Abby with a little excitement in her voice.

"Wait a second you don't plan on us jumping in it do you?" I ask.

"Of course I do," smiles Abby.

"Hell no are you crazy. I'm not about to get wet," I say shaking my head no.

"It's either the waterfall or them," she says giving me an ultimatum. "Now when is the waterfall?"

Not a moment later we fall off a cliff as the rushing water is beneath us.

"Now!" I squeal as we fall.