Chapter 36: Belle

What? "I-I- I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" I stammered with complete shock in my eyes. This can't be him. "It's Carlos, mam. What is yours?" He said.

I gasped and looked right into his eyes. The same eyes as Minica's. I started to cry. He looked at me worried. "Belle!" I gasp. His face comes into complete shock. "It's Belle," I say.

He runs up to me and hugs me into a big bear hug and he starts crying. "Mi amor. I've been looking for you for so long and now...." He says and he kisses me with deep feeling. "Minica... Mi hija. She... How.... Why..." More tears came out of our eyes. "I wish this never happened," I say. Carlos hugs me closely.

I'm so glad he's back. I'm glad that he's back. Minica always told me that he was alive. She was right. I just wished that she was here.

*-*-*-*-*-*

I called Rogelio's mom and she came quick. Luckily for her Rogelio is fine. She came to us an apologized for everything. She said she should have been a better mother. However, I calmed her and told her everything was gonna be fine. I didn't press charges. I told her to forget what happened.

I love Rogelio as if he was my own son. Although, he almost got my family killed I still love him. He did protect Minica really well.

We made up a story that we got into a car wreck and fell into the water while some crazy guy was shooting at us. Good thing that they believed it.

"Miss," I quickly turn toward the doctor. Carlos stared at the doctor with worry in his eyes. "I have news from your daughter." His eyes were dead he looked sad. "She's dead."