Chapter 22: Rogelio

Oh no. I can't believe I just told her that I like her. Especially now. I don't know what to do. She's just looking at me surprised and so is her mom. I couldn't stand feeling this way. I hope Carlos hurries up soon and gets here.

I started to hear a lot of shouting and shooting. Soon, Carlos came and started pushing us away from the sounds to somewhere. I'm not sure if we where getting deeper or closer to the city.

There were more men now and they were all running after us. Carlos looked back and started shooting at them, so did I. I then heard Miss Cortez gasp, I looked at her and saw confusion written all over her face. Carlos glanced at Bella and hesitated for a moment and shook his head and kept running.

I turned to look at Minica. She looked confusion and surprised. It must be because of what I said. I still can't believe I said that. Of all moments, I choose to tell her now. I'm such a weirdo. I bet she's thinking that right now too.

*****************

We've been running for what seems to be 20 minutes. My heart was pounding and my legs are getting weak and tired. I was full of sweat and the men are still chasing us. Some of them went back, but I have no idea why. They probably gave up. At least I hope they did.

"We're almost there!" I heard Carlos say. A sigh of relief came from Bella. I turned to look at her. She was completely sweaty and exhausted. I turned to look at Minica and she was completely sweaty also.

Her hair was all matted down and her clothes are hugging her body tightly. She actually had a nice body. I looked a little too long at her and she glared at me. I then quickly turn around as I felt my face boil up. I must be red as a tomato right now.

I turned around and I saw that we weren't being chased anymore. "Woah, wait you guys." I said while I started to turn my run into a stop and turned completely around

"There not following us anymore," I said arcing my eyebrow. Carlos stopped and looked confused as well. He listened to the. Forest for a little bit. "I guess we can start walking now, but stay alert," he said with no emotion.

"Where are we going to?" I asked. Carlos glanced at me,"to the city. Maybe we can find help and get to the hospital." He said that last part while looking back at the girls.

Yeah, we sure are going to a hospital.