Chapter 16: Hello Sydney

(Credit to bea miller, Ed Sheeran, neon trees, and Mitchell Musso for the songs)

Bella's POV

Saturday

We released animal and photograph yesterday and fans seemed to really like them. We where very happy that we could get something out as quick as we did. "Your set list is animal, hey, photograph, cover of beautiful goodbye and then you'll close with Fire N Gold, right?" Calum asked and we nodded "you have it separated to where you all have a talking bit right?" Calum continued to ask questions "cause those don't work sometimes, not with these assholes." Calum complained and everyone laughed. "Yea everything is all set" Leslie said and we continued to walk into the venue to start sound check. The stage was set up just how it was every concert. "Can you believe that just 2 months ago we got to meet our new best friends" I said to the girls as we walked out to our microphones. They looked around and smiled at how big the venue was. "Alright ladies lets start with testing your Mics" someone spoke "test, test" Emily spoke I cringed at the feedback she got. "Okay Bella?" I tested my mic and didn't get much feedback. Leslie went next and her mic didn't get any feedback. "Now the instruments" he spoke again and I began to play my guitar. "Wait before we start anything we had to find a drummer, ladies this is Bradley" Henry walked towards us with a blonde haired, blue eyed boy. "He's gonna be your drummer unless you find someone else" Henry informed us "hello ladies" Bradley spoke in a thick British accent. He walked behind the drum set and sat down pulling out drumsticks from his bag. "Does he know how to play our songs?" Emily asked "yes we sent him the songs and he learned them" Henry informed us and Bradley nodded and continued to test our instruments.

20 minutes later

We finished testing everything and we walked back to our dressing room. "Hey girls" Ashton said kissing Leslie cheek " how did sound check go?" Mikey asked "well Henry stopped by, guys this is Bradley he is mixtapes new drummer" Emily introduced Bradley. "Nice to meet you mate" Calum spoke holding out his hand for a handshake. Bradley gladly took Calum's hand a shook it firmly, the boys then quickly introduced themselves. "So Bradley your a drummer?" Ashton asked making small talk "yep" Bradley replied simply "what part of Britain are you from?" Luke asked noticing the accent "Manchester" Bradley spoke simply again. "Boys time for sound check" billy barged into the dressing room. The boys got up and walked out to the stage. "So I'm gonna guess your with that Ashton guy?" Bradley looked at Leslie "yep thats bae" she laughed and he laughed with her. "You guys are cute together" he complimented "thank you" Leslie smiled and Bradley shifted his attention towards me "I heard about your fight with that girl, you broke her nose?" He asked and I laughed "yep she needed a nose job anyway" i joked and he laughed. "That's a very pretty necklace." He complimented "thanks" I smiled at him. "Does the M stand for mixtape?" He questioned and I shook my head "it stands for Michael" I informed him and he frowned "oh... So your dating him?" He asked and I nodded. "And I'm guessing your dating Luke?" He turned towards Emily, she shook her head and he smiled. "So Bradley tell us about you?" Leslie asked and he began to talk about his home and why he began drumming. He was a really cool person.

Emily's POV

I grabbed my guitar and threw the strap around my shoulder. "Let's rock" I said to the girls and Bradley as we walked out to stage. The venue was full of fans, "Hello Sydney!" I said into my mic and the crowd began to scream. "I'm Emily." I introduced myself, the girls and Bradley quickly followed doing the same thing. "This first song is called animal we hope you like it!" I shouted and began playing the first chords of animal. The crowd got up and danced along to the beat of the song. After we finished animal Bella began to speak "well as you guys know we are mixtape and we are new! We just got signed to hi or hey records and this is our first concerts. So I'm very sorry if we mess up a few times." Bella spoke "this next song is called hey" she introduced the song and began playing. Yet again the crowd danced around quickly catching onto the song and they started to sing it with us. "You sound beautiful Sydney!" Leslie shouted into her mic "for this next song we are gonna slow it down a bit, this song is called photograph" Leslie said as I traded my electric guitar for an acoustic one. "Loving can hurt... Loving can hurt sometimes" I started and the crowd pulled out their lights swaying them to the beat. The drums came in quietly and we continued to "Sydney! Can we take a moment to appreciate our drummer Bradley!" Bella's spoke as the song ended. "This next song is a classic so sing it with us Sydney." I said as I began to play beautiful goodbye "I count the ways I let you down" Bella sang "you sing Sydney!" I said and they did, it was so weird to be onstage singing for thousands of people. "When did the rain become a storm, when did the clouds begin to form" Leslie sang and I harmonized with her. "Beautiful goodbye..." We sang together and we stopped playing. "For this next song I want you all up!" Bradley shouted into the mic he had next to him. "And I want you all to dance with us!" He shouted and the crowd quickly got up as Bradley began the beat to Fire N gold. "Like an astronaut that's scared of heights" I sang softly, the pace quickened "baby we where born with fire and gold in our eyes!" I sang as I looked out to the crowd they where dancing like nobody was watching. "Sydney those moves are amazing!" I shouted and Leslie began with her verse. The song finished, "are you guys ready for 5 seconds of summer?" Leslie asked and the crowd went crazy. "Well they'll be out soon, but for now goodnight Sydney!" I shouted and we walked off the stage. I was greeted by Luke's smile with his arms open for me. I walked into his arms, he wrapped his arms around me picking me up slightly. "You guys did great for your first show" he said "well we learned from the best." I said smiling to him. "The best being one direction" Bella joked and everyone laughed "just kidding its you guys" Bella said before she kissed Michael. "Ew get a room!" Calum jokingly shouted and I laughed. "Okay boys the countdowns starting!" Billy said "Ashton get over to your set" he spoke again "good luck babe" Leslie said and kissed Ashton. Ashton walked towards his drum set and sat down on his stool. Luke picked up his guitar "have fun" I said and kissed his cheek. "Don't do anything stupid" Bella said to Mikey making us all laugh. "What about me?" Calum complained we all walked up to him giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Eww you guys just kissed my band mates" he said wiping his cheek "that what you get for complaining." I giggled and he joined in "but have fun dork" I smiled and we stepped back. The countdown finished and Ashton began playing while the boys came out.

Leslie's POV

2 hours later

The boys bursted into the dressing room and smiled at us. "What's that face for?"they continued to smile at us. "We are going partying tonight" Luke finally informed us and we looked at them. "We get to change right? Cause I'm sweaty as hell" I said and they laughed "yea we are gonna drop by the houses and everyone is gonna get changed" Calum informed us and pulled out his phone from his pocket. "It's 10:30, so let's get going so we have time to change." He spoke again and we all got up and started to walk to the car. "Would you like to come with us Bradley?" Emily asked and he shook his head "no I'm a little jet lagged so I think I'm just gonna go back to my hotel and sleep" he said "alright well we'll see you tomorrow for rehearsal right?" Emily asked and he nodded and then started to walk away getting in a car of his own. We drove through the crowd and off into the night. We reached Ashton's house and he ran into his house and quickly came back out in a different outfit. We drove off and reached Calum's house I had already thought about what I was wearing and quickly grabbed it. I changed and walked back to the car. We did this for everyone as we drove up to their houses. Luke's house was last, him and Emily ran in and where getting changed. Soon enough they came out and we where off to the "club." There was a line that looped around the building. The driver pulled up to the door and Mikey opened the door. I grabbed Ashton's hand as Mikey got out. There was a crap load of flashing from the paparazzi's cameras. Mikey and Bella got out first not caring about the pictures. Next was Calum who yet again flipped off the cameras. Ashton started to get out, he let go of my hand but waited by the car door with his hand held out. When I got out I gladly took his hand again and we walked smiling for the cameras. We got into the club and it was full of people. "Go find a table." Calum told Ashton and I and then told the other to go get drinks. Ashton and I looked for a table and after a few minutes we did. We stood by the table and waited for everyone else. Everyone came back with drinks in their hands. "Here" Bella handed me a drink and I gladly took it. I took a sip and quickly noticed that it was lemonade and vodka mixed. The boys had all gotten beers and Bella and Emily had the same drink as me. "Let's dance" I grabbed Emily and Bella's hands and dragged them to the dance floor. No control by one direction was blaring through the speakers. We danced to the beat on the song, and where quickly joined by Luke, Mikey, and Ashton. "Where cal?" I shouted over the music "Sydney called him" Luke shouted back and I continued to dance. After 20 minutes Calum came and joined us as we danced to Coming Down by Halsey. "Wanna do some shots?" Ashton asked and we walked over to the bar. "7 vodka shots." Ashton told the bartender and the bartender gladly gave us the shots. I quickly threw my head back and took the shot ignoring the burning feeling in my throat. "Another round" the bartender smiled and handed us another. I did the same thing and then ordered another lemonade vodka. I took the drink and quickly chugged it and went back to the dance floor. Do it again by Pia Mia blared through the speakers. I moved my hips to the beat, suddenly I felt someone pull me against them. I looked back to see Ashton, we began dancing in sync.