Chapter 11: Anger Is Never The Answer

Start from the beginning

Before Boris could follow them into Nikolei's study, the door was quickly shut by Nikolei himself and was locked from the inside. Boris could do nothing but to slam his fist onto the wooden door aggressively, demanding Nikolei to open the door that instant. Sadly, his commands fell on Nikolei's deaf ears leaving everyone beyond that door aggravated.

Nikolei didn't let go of her arm, but continued to squeeze the hell out of it. Alexandra was groaning in pain, but that too had fall onto his deaf ears. The only thing he saw was red, that he could not focus on anything else beside the news he received earlier on. His dark and intense green eyes bore into her panic ones, never once leaving her face.

He gulped bitterly, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Alexandra was lost. She did not know what he was talking about. All she knew was that she was happily playing puzzles with Gayle and the next minute she was pulled not gently, but roughly by Nikolei into his study.

"W-what?" Her voice quivered as she tried to block out the pain shooting throughout her arm.

"Gayle!" He sneered angrily, "You didn't tell me that Gayle was bullied!"

She paled as she took in what he was saying. How could he finds out about it? She was not meant to tell Nikolei about it, ever. The problem had been solved weeks ago and Gayle had been over the moon about what she had done to get the bullying to stop.

Now, he must've thought that she kept him in the dark about his own son when he was the person who supposed to have the whole right towards his son when she was just his mere stepmother.

"I had Mr. Pollock coming down to meet me only to beg for my forgiveness not to exterminate him from any business relations over what his son had did to my child. You should have told me, Alexandra! Not keep me in the dark about it like he was not my child!" He shouted mindlessly at her, not having the world to even care if her feelings nor her being was hurt.

Alexandra's mouth gaped as she tried to get the words out of her mouth. Nikolei's face was getting redder and redder by each seconds as he tried his best not to crushed the bones of her arm. "I-I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

He scoffed, "You didn't mean to? Seriously? My child could've get hurt and I didn't even get to do anything about it! You know what that made me feel like? Huh?! I felt like the worst father to Gayle! I don't know why I even fall in love with you in the first place. Rosie was right, you are nothing but a gold digger! If anything ever happened to Gayle, I will never let you go, Alexandra. You-" He pointed his finger towards her, "will never be the mother of my child."

Nikolei let go of her instantly and exited the study, leaving Alexandra in tears and pain. His words had slashed her already broken heart and she didn't know if it will ever be healed again. He didn't even give her time to explain, but yet again, if she had the chance Nikolei wouldn't believe her but to reprimand her for using his child's name in excuse for her unforgivable actions.

Boris got to her side in seconds as he rubbed her back soothingly. He didn't dare to say a word and just squated by her side as she let it all out. Maria stood by the door with a sympathy look in her eyes as she watched Alexandra wept over her grieving heart. Alexandra slowly stood up from her position and wiped the remaining tears on her cheeks.

She felt weak, but continued to walk away from the room. Boris and Maria who were so kind to help her not to fall down were quickly dismissed by her as she wanted to be alone at the moment. As she finally entered her room, she quickly locked the door and laid on the bed, continued to cry her heart out over what had happened minutes ago.

"I don't know why I even fall in love with you in the first place."

"Rosie was right, you are nothing but a gold digger!"

"You will never be the mother of my child."

Two hours had passed, a knock on her door snapped her out of her reverie as she quickly wiped away her tears. She should not be weak right now. It was meant to happen anyway, and there's a lot to come for her to be weak at the moment. She held the door open slightly and took a peak from the creak.

Gayle was standing in the hallway, holding a bouquet of roses he had plucked from the garden looking all guilty with his head held down.

"Gayle, what are you doing here?" She whispered quietly.

"May I come in, mom?"

Alexandra held the door open as Gayle took a few steps into her room. They sat on the bed side by side as Gayle slowly put the bouquet of roses in her arms.

"Here, they're for you. I'm sorry if dad hurt you." He whispered timidly as his hand clutched hers.

Alexandra smiled, "It's okay, Gayle. It's not your fault. Now, why don't you go back to your room and do your homework. I'm fine, don't worry."

Gayle hesitated at first but eventually nodded his head before closing the door after him. Alexandra stared at the roses and smiled a bit at the sweet gesture. Who knew Gayle would be just like his father when he grows up - a sweet, loving man. He would be breaking the girls heart anytime soon when he's becoming of age.

She continued to lay down on her bed and stared at the white ceiling for what seemed to be like an hour. Her appetite had lost hours ago and she sure knew that Nikolei hated to even be in the same room as her.

Knock. Knock.

"May I come in?" Nikolei said, standing at the door with an envelope in his hand.

Alexandra quickly sat on her bed and nodded. He slowly entered the room and closed the door behind him. He sighed, "I need you to sign this."

He handed her the envelope and rubbed his temple tiredly. He continued, "I don't think this will work out." Alexandra looked up with widened eyes before looking back down onto a piece of paper. Her eyes couldn't believe what she's reading.

Separation Agreement

"W-what? The contract stated four months. It has only been a month. If this is about Gayle, I'm sorry. I promise I won't hide anything from you anymore."

Nikolei shook his head. His eyes were cold and distant. "I can't risk losing Gayle over something unworthy to me. That means, you have to go."

"Please-"

"You can stay for the night. By tomorrow, I expect you to pack your bags and leave the house. Don't worry about Gayle, I'll talk to him."

Not even once did he muttered the word 'sorry'. He might had flaunted his mistress in front of her and expressed the hatred in him towards her, but the love she had for him have never been fading ever since the first time they met. But everything was too late to mend back now. The only thing she had to do was to move on from the past.

Alexandra packed her bags instantly, having no time to spare anymore at the house she used to dream about living together with Nikolei. She couldn't stand staying any time longer, knowing that it will only bring her the painful heartbreak and a lot of tears if she has to say goodbye to the friends she had made throughout her stay there. The ones she was happy to be with and never expected to have only to be separated later on.

She stood by the iron gate and took in the house and the yard one last time. After a good half an hour, she took out her phone and dialed someone she knew she could lean on at the moment.

"Hello."

"I'm sorry to disturb but I need your help."

"I'll be on my way."