Gossip

When I finish working on another test, I leave the room and try to make it back to my dorm room without running into one of Kier's group. While I'm walking, I see Luke.

"Hey, Pilnahn, do you have any lessons now?" I ask hopefully.

He frowns a little and nods his head. "Yeah, I was expected in science about five minutes ago, can't chat, sorry." He adds, continuing past me to go into a classroom.

I let out a sigh, moving on back to the dorm room. Before I get there, I notice that there's someone using a phone. I discreetly look around the corner to see Shane arguing on the phone with somebody.

"No! You can't just-" He sighs when he gets interrupted.

"Yes, okay." He groans, giving me the impression that he's talking to a parent.

"What? No! Mr. Stacy is a liar!" He snaps. "I didn't-" He gets cut off again and rolls his eyes, turning around and leaning against the wall with another sigh.

"I'm not failing any of my subjects! My attendance is getting better!" He tries.

"What the hell are you on about, I've never gotten involved with-" He adds before noticing me in the corner of his eyes. "I'll call you back." He mutters before hanging up.

"Shane, I swear-" I try but he keeps walking towards me.

"-Is it possible that you can keep your nose in your own business?" He growls, more like a threat.

"I didn't hear much." I manage to defend herself.

"You know what Drew, just hearing anything from that conversation is way too much." He snaps.

"I don't even know what that was about!" I point out.

"Oh please, so you were eavesdropping and didn't hear anything!" He challenges harshly.

"What was there even to hear?" I try.

He just glares at me furiously. "Drew, I'm telling you, whatever goes on in my life has nothing to do with you so stay the fuck out of it, okay?" He threatens.

I give him a surprised look and nod. "Okay, don't do something stupid." I sigh.

He just punches the wall to scare me. "Stay out of it." He repeats aggressively.

"Okay, sure." I shrug.

He just storms off furiously.

I watch him as he leaves until he suddenly comes across Laurence. The second Shane sees him, his face relaxes into a smile. I can feel myself getting increasingly jealous as Laurence presses his lips against Shane's so I bite my lip to contain myself.

Shane notices how I'm looking at them and smirks before kissing back, almost deliberately trying to get rid of me.

I try my best to stop myself from getting too upset at the sight of it and turn around and keep walking back to the dorm room.

I enter the room and curl up on the bed again.

Stop it Drew, stop obsessing. That guy is so not into you.

There's the sudden sound of something hitting the door. I listen carefully, and cover my head with a pillow when I hear the familiar sound of people making out. Looking up at it, I see the door handle turning.

Sure enough, it almost breaks open to Laurence practically carrying Shane to his bed and climbing on top of him as they keep kissing. I'm just about to throw something at them but the looming threat of another violent encounter with Kier makes me just let out a frustrated sigh. I want to be sick when Laurence gets a loud moan out of Shane, freezing up for a while until Laurence simply growls "A bit of privacy would be a very good idea from you."

Shane smirks coldly at me before leaning up to kiss Laurence's neck. "Leave him, he could learn something." He taunts.

This convinces Laurence to carry on kissing him, making my feel physically sick at the sight.

I get up instantly and storm out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind me. Once I'm outside the room, I can't think of anywhere else to go so I just settle down outside, partly thankful that I've kept my bag on me so I at least have something to do.

For a while, I'm thankful that I don't get company but sure enough, Kier wanders past.

"Look who's playing homeless." He chuckles.

"Kier, just fuck off." I groan, really not in the mood to have another encounter with him now.

He just smirks and settles down beside me. "What's wrong with your room? Are they watching a horror film that's too scary for you or something?"

"No." I growl at him.

He takes a moment to listen carefully, laughing when he hears what they're doing. "There's no stopping them."

I just find myself letting out a hopeless sigh, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"If they're doing what they're doing, what are you doing out here?" Kier challenges with a wolf-like smirk. "Unless you wanna talk to one of them in private." He works out. "It can't be Laurence, you can't be that much of an idiot but is it Barrone?"

I don't look at him in an attempt to keep it private but he already works it out.

"Of course it's Barrone." He laughs. "You like watching while he sleeps before he wakes up. Aw, I'm sorry Baby Drew but he's taken." He states patronisingly.

"Just shut your face. You're so wrong - you don't even know-" I snap at him.

"-That's why you got so angry in the corridor the other day. You saw us both kissing and you wanted it to be you." He chuckles. "Oh my God, Drew, you're so obvious." He laughs.

"No I'm not." I growl at him.

"Prove it then." He taunts.

I want to do something instantly, to stop myself from getting myself too emotional.

"I'll tell him." He calls after me. "I'll tell him and Laurence and I'll just be able to watch with a grin as you get beaten to a fucking pulp by Laurence." He adds.

"If you dare, I'll beat the rest of you up." I try but he just laughs at me again.

He just winks "Let's find out shall we?" before going up to the door and banging on it. "Oi, Beveridge, Barrone, quit fondling each other and get out here!"

The moans get quieter until the door opens to the both of them, both panting with their clothing slightly ruffled.

I do everything I can not to look at them and push past the two of them to enter the room. The second I close the door behind me, Kier makes sure to say loudly.

"Hey Baby Drew, I'm only going to tell them that you're in love with Barrone!" He laughs.

I freeze up immediately at the sound of all of them laughing on the other side of the door.

What have I done to deserve this?