Jealousy

Soon it's Friday. Luke is going away for the weekend, leaving Shane and I, although I'm pretty sure that he'd find some way to avoid me.

"So." He manages after a while of silence. "You should probably get packing, otherwise you'll miss the bus." Shane says to me.

"I'm not going home this weekend." I tell him, trying not to stare at him.

He's sitting casually on his bed, one foot resting on the floor while the other is on his bed next to him. His top button is undone and he's wearing his tie loosely - it's like he's trying to turn me on.

"What wrong with your home?" He asks, almost impatiently.

"Nothing!" I almost snap back. "I'm just not going there this weekend." I add.

He seems to get the message that I don't want to talk about it and starts talking.

"Laurence goes away on the weekends." He looks out the window down to where the bus is waiting for the students and sighs. "Sometimes I would wish that I could go with him, then I remember that his parents wouldn't really be as inviting as he is-"

"-Laurence is inviting?" I cut in. "That's news to me." I scoff.

He glares at me before continuing. "There's a reason our parents have sent us to this school first chance they got." He mutters.

"How come, what's your reason?" I ask him.

He looks like he's about to explain everything before sighing and lying on his back on his bed. "None of your business." He sounds sad to be saying this. "Before I forget, Kier's coming here, I'd suggest that you should probably clear out before he arrives. We don't want a repeat of the other day again."

"Cheers." I mutter. "What do you normally do on weekends, where do you go?" I ask him, realising that I'd just be wandering around the school aimlessly.

"There's a screening room downstairs where they normally show films, you might want to do that. I don't know." He grows irritated at me.

"Fine, have fun then." I growl as I head towards the door.

"Look, I don't care!" He shouts before I slam the door.

It's lonely. Luke is the only friend I've managed to make because as far as the other students see it I'm not 'bad' enough for them - it's like some of them take pride in what they did to get sent here.

While I'm walking, I stop by at the music rooms. I could play the piano or something like that - I doubt the school has bass guitars anyway. I settle down and start playing, it's relaxing but I'd rather be playing guitar or bass.

I stop when I hear some chanting outside, it's the usual "Do it!" repeated over and over until the person does what they want them to. I listen carefully and hear a conversation.

"I swear, he'll do anything Kier tells him." One person says.

"Either Kier or Laurence, seriously you wonder why he never speaks for himself." The other adds.

They're talking about Shane!

"Of course he'd never say anything bad about Laurence, aren't they a couple or something?"

Couple?

"Yeah, Laurence's dorm hate him, they're both pretty loud if you know what I mean."

"Eww, that's so disgusting." The other laughs.

"Do you think there's anyone in the school who he hasn't sucked off yet?"

I feel my hands tighten into fists at hearing this.