~Part Nine~

Tyler returned to his bedroom with a yawn, kissing little Avellana on the forehead. "I'll see you in the morning, father. I love you. Thank you for your time today."

"Of course, my son. I think we both needed that. Get some rest, I'm sure you're tired." The former king smiled. "And I love you too. Come to me with any troubles you have."

"I'll be sure to, father. Go get some sleep too, and let little Avellana as well. She's probably exhausted too." Tyler smiled. His father left with the baby, and Tyler changed into his pajamas, before sitting down on his side of the bed. He noticed the small book with the note. He gently picked it up, nearly losing the key before catching it and placing it on his lap. He scanned over Zack's note. He smiled slightly, setting it aside before lighting a candle and opening the diary as he began to read.

The door opened. "Tyler?" Zack's voice broke his focused silence. "What are you still doing up?" He asked softly.

"Reading, what are you still doing up?" Tyler replied. He wasn't going to take hypocrisy from his husband.

"I ended up staying too late with Rayden. We lost track of time fighting and I ended up having to get a few wounds patched up. Are you reading the diary?" Zack asked.

"Yes." Tyler responded. "Or I was, change quietly for me, okay?" He just wanted to finish this page. It was so interesting hearing about his mother's old life. He'd just gotten to the part where she met his father.

Zack chuckled softly. "Alright, for you." There was some slight shuffling, but other than that Zack fulfilled his lover's request. He crawled into the bed beside his lover. "You should go to sleep, Tyler."
"Just the end of the page." He responded, reading until there. He yawned, gently folding the corner of the page. He locked up the diary and put it inside the nightstand's drawer. "All right, I can go to sleep now." He said, blowing out the candle. He cuddled up to his pillow, yawning.

Zack gently ruffled Tyler's hair. "Sleep well, my queen. Tomorrow's a new day." He murmured, yawning to himself before laying down. He faced Tyler's back as he dozed off to the sound of Tyler's breath evening out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~