~Part Five~

Tyler sighed, scratching his side through the formal wear while the maids' backs were turned. They never make these clothes comfortable. He scowled out the window at the carriage approaching his kingdom. Why wasn't he informed even a week earlier? Consternation flooded through his heart in waves. He deplored the idea of marrying like this, under these circumstances. He wasn't just something to be married off. Consternation turned into bitterness while he mused over this.

Before Tyler knew it he was pushed along down the hall by his favorite maid, who instead of necessarily pushing him, was more so hitting his back in a way where he was jolted forwards. She had a lot more energy than he'd ever had, and would read to him eagerly in the past, making voices for all of the characters. But now, well, her voice was almost shrill as she shrieked about the wedding. She thought this wedding was a good thing; she thought it was cute. She was much more excited than he was yet again.

Tyler didn't understand how she was so joyous and peppy. He was losing his freedoms today. He'd be tied down as queen in a job he's not ready for with a husband he didn't want, nor knew about until roughly the day before. He gritted his teeth, balling his hands into fists. The more she talked about this, the more he perceived her as an enemy to his views. Then, all at once, his anger and tension dissipated into a despair. There were no allies to his views anyways. Nobody agreed with him anymore, and he'd be married off without his consent..

Sure, his mother had told him it would all be okay, but that doesn't make that true. He's past the gullible state in his life. He knows not all promises can be kept. Honestly, Tyler was terrified about the new responsibilities. He was merely trained as a prince. He stared at the grandiloquent door that lied to the world, claiming his kingdom was wonderful, amazing, and powerful. The kingdom needed the money the Reminards had kept under the treaty very badly. Yes, Tyler knew he must marry the man, but that does not mean it has to be a conflict-free wedding.

The grand door was opened from both sides to showcase the new king accompanied by what Tyler could only assume was his bodyguard. Well, now that he thought about it, technically either could be the king, but it's unlikely one would get married in armor. He immediately scrutinized the man who he thought would claim his hand in marriage later that day. Onyx colored hair resembling the jewelry his mother used to own was pushed up and out to the side with a just slightly off of the middle part as it encompassed his face. There was a small scar on his left cheek, suggesting either he was weaker than Tyler thought or that he had no need of a bodyguard, meaning the man in armor must be somebody else. His future husband's vibrant baby blue eyes masked only slightly by his grinning cheeks seemed to shine once they met Tyler's figure, and he almost rolled his own russet colored ones. While one couldn't deny that the man he was to marry was attractive, looks do not get you everywhere, and Tyler's predisposition was not a friendly one to the new men.

"So, where's your sister then? Are we getting married right now, or is there a delay for whatever reason?" The future king asked. Tyler was correct.

Tyler's eyes rolled, perhaps of their own accord, or perhaps because of his resentment to the situation and the new task of explaining why he was standing here now instead of a girl. "It's your lucky day, actually. We're getting married." Tyler scowled, crossing his arms.

"Oh, we are? Are we getting married now then, or is there a delay?" The man seemed almost happy about the fact he was marrying him, even though he was no female. It both perplexed and irritated Tyler more.

"Yes- yes we are getting married. I just told you that. And yes, we're getting married essentially right now."

"Good." The man smiled at Tyler, stepping forward. He gently took Tyler's hand and kissed it as he was trained to, before locking eyes with him.