"I'm really sorry to hear that honey," my mother said, "What month was it that he died?"

"December."

My dad inserted himself into the conversation, "Well, that's been a good nine months. That's long enough to have started talking to someone new. So have you done that?"

"Uh, no," I responded; lying, "There's just no one that's good for me right now, but oh well," I laughed, "They're all jerks anyway," I choked out. 

They both nodded, really not saying anything; almost as if they were already out of conversational topics, when I was their daughter that they hadn't seen in over a year, which was quite disappointing. My dad broke the silence, "Well, Marie, why don't you take her around the house again so you guys can catch up?" my dad suggested while standing onto his feet, stretching. 

My mother smiled in agreement, springing out of her seat enthusiastically, "Claire, come here! I have something to show you!" she exclaimed, rushing over to me, and practically pushing me out of the room, "Oh boy, you're gonna like this!"

Ha! I thought, Probably not. I followed her to a room on the second floor, which was completely empty, except for the small window with sheer white curtains on the wall opposite of the door. The walls were a light gray, and neatly stacked in the corner of the right wall was a stack of about eleven boxes. The real 'joy' was in the corner to the left. There was my piano. I was actually genuinely surprised, only because when I had left my aunts house, it was there was now it was here, but after thinking of it for a second, I had known that all along, but I had simply forgotten. The lovely feeling inside didn't last long because here it dawned on me that she was already trying to force me into something; well maybe. For the past month or so I had really wanted to start playing again, but I hadn't wanted to come here to get it, but it was just the fact that she had never brought it upon herself to ask if I would like to see the piano, "Wow," I said, trying to seem as happy as I could. I ran my index finger over the side of it. It had clearly been refurbished, and polished since the last time I saw it, but there was only one thing no one could fix or get off, which was the 'c' on the corner that I had carved onto it late one night when I got frustrated with writing a piece. I remember it was dark when I had done it, and I don't know why at the time I didn't turn the light on, but in result it was a bit disfigured. I walked around it to the other side, sitting down on the bench, "What's this?" I asked breaking the brief silence.

She ran over, where I scooted over to give her room. She joined me, where she took the heavy folder out of my hand, opening it, "It's all the music you had began working on. Well, the one's your aunt could find when we asked for your piano back," she said.

"Did you ask her for it?" I replied; getting a clear view of her green eyes. I completely understood where I got them at this point. We were so similar in looks and stature. 

"Yeah," she paused, "I figured if you ever came back, or if you ever came back for the piano at least, that you would want it, or maybe you'd be interested in it. Maybe it was pointless but-"

I interrupted her, "No, I'm happy you go it back." She looked over at me smiling, but she never responded and that was fine. It didn't matter. She seemed thrilled to hear that I was satisfied with something she had done, "So anyway, what's with all the boxes?" I asked pushing down a key causing my hair to fall down like a hood over my face as I turned my head down to focus.

"Me and your dad are moving to a smaller house," she said.

I pulled all the messy strands out of my face, "Why?" I asked shocked, "You've been here for a year, and it's beautiful! It's huge!"

She sighed looking down, "It's just not us," she nodded, "We really regret what we did to you," she paused, "We like it better when we had no money, and you lived with us, and things were simple, and the house was small. We- me and your dad- we really wanted money, but now both of us have agreed that looking back on it, we were a lot happier than when we didn't have all the stuff. I think we're getting rid of most of it. "

I nodded, "So where are you going to move?" I asked.

"Well we sold this house already, so we're rushing to get packed up, and we're gonna move into this really cute house that's really small, only big enough for the two of us," she looked up at me almost reassuringly, "Because we figured you're doing good right now, and it's on the outside of town."

I observed her brown hair, slightly tinted red in the sun, "Oh, well, I guess that sound nice," I said stroking my hand across the piano. I began thinking about how things were before I started living with my aunt. Though we didn't have much money, and the house was small, and my mum was right; we were happy.

"Well, anyway, I was wondering if you'd want to take the piano," she smiled, "Cause we're not going to have room for it, and we really don't want to sell it."

I thought for a minute. Here was my opportunity to start playing again, "Yeah. I think I do," I smiled.

"Oh yay!" she said putting her hands together and standing up. She was so skinny. Wow, "Well, I'll have a moving van drive it and move it up to you! I just need to know your address..." she strung on as she moved to the middle of the room, pacing excitedly back and forth. I wondered what happiness this was serving her, because if it was me it wouldn't bring me any joy. 

"Alright."

She went over to a few boxes, pushing them over, "Okay, well why don't we go back downstairs?" she smiled. 

"Yeah," I stood up, "I figure that's a good idea. I'm gonna have to be getting home."

She didn't protest, instead she began down the stairs, "Claire's already leaving us babe," she announced as she scurried quickly down the left stairwell where beneath us was my dad putting a few assets in a box. 

"Already?" he asked, "You weren't here very long."

I slowly reached the door. Though I was trying to come off as if I was reluctant to leave, I was pretty sure it was obvious I was rushing, "Well, you know. I have to drive back, and you know I have somewhere to go later, so I don't want to be too tired."

They both rushed over to me for a hug. I wrapped my arms around the two of them, because for some reason a hug from each of them separate wasn't good enough I guess considering they both came in at the same time, "We love you, okay? Call us sometime!" my mother said as I yanked myself off of them.

"Love you guys too, and maybe."

With only a few more words, I somehow managed to get myself out the door and into my car. Thank God. That's over. 

_________

The end was a bit weird, but I honestly don't think there's any real reason to go into detail about her trip back, or her goodbye with her parents... Anyway, thanks as always! I would love to hear your feedback! Tell me if you liked it as usual.. Vote, comment, and share! Love you guys! :)