Chapter 12

It happens in the morning, just as Harry was going to feed Clifford. The smell of the dogs food makes his stomach twist and turn. He gags and drops the dog's metal bowl on the ground, ignoring the crash it makes as he runs towards the bathroom. He quickly kneels down and leans over the toilet, spilling the contents of his stomach into the bowl.

He doesn't know what happened; normally, he is fine to feed the dog. He feels one hand on his back, another one pushing his hair out of the way.

"Shh, shh, you're okay baby. I'm right here," Louis soothes. Harry didn't even hear Louis come into the bathroom. He wipes off his mouth and stands up, flushing everything down the toilet.

"I'm okay," Harry whispers, still feeling slightly nauseous. "Can you go feed Clifford?"

"Of course. Are you sure you're alright?" Louis asks, concerned.

"I'm fine, Lou. I must have eaten something that went off," Harry convinces himself...though both of them ate almost all of the same meals and Louis wasn't sick.

Louis just nods and goes to feed the puppy as Harry brushes his teeth. After he's done he goes and sits on the couch with Louis, cuddling close to him.

Harry tries to connect the dots of his tiredness, back hurting, the acne and now being nauseous.

It finally dawns on him — they are all symptoms of early pregnancy. But he can't be pregnant right? They had tried for years with no luck. It couldn't just suddenly happen, could it?

It is a possibility. He keeps that thought to himself, though. He doesn't want to get his or Louis' hopes up when it could be something else.

Harry already decided he would go out to the pharmacy when Louis was at the studio and buy some pregnancy tests. He was almost a hundred percent sure they would all be negative. He distances himself from the idea.

"I should probably make a doctor's appointment," he tells Louis instead. "I don't know what it could be," he continues lying. Harry isn't pregnant. It isn't possible.

"That would be good. Do you want me to take time off to go with you?" Louis asks, pulling Harry closer to him and playing with his curls.

"No, no, I'm sure it's probably nothing Lou. I'll feel better in no time," Harry reassures.