Finding Hope Chapter Nine

OK, you're gonna have to forgive me, I'm updating this on my phone instead of my Computer ;-; so, it won't be as "Professional" as I want it to be.... At least I won't have to worry about spelling errors .-. AUTOCORRECT, DON'T SCREW ME OVER DAMMIT >:o

================================================================

*Mark's P.O.V.*

"(Y/N)!!!!!"
Nothing.
"(Y/N)!!!!! ANSWER ME, PLEASE!!!!!"
Still nothing. Where could you have gone? You couldn't have gone too far, the woods are too dense. Even Mark was having a hard time getting through them. Yet still, he continued on, hoping he would at least have a whereabout of where you went. He kept on going, until he reached a tree. Now, this tree was different from its brothers that surrounded it. It was larger, thicker, and the trunk had a twisted look, as if many other trees just became one. As he was walking by it, a branch snagged his shirt, slightly tearing it. Mark cursed as he looked down at his shirt to check the damage, but something caught his eye. On the branch, with some dried blood, was a piece of cloth. Mark pulled the cloth off the branch, and examined it closely. It was somewhat thin, with a few smaller shreds in it here and there. It was (f/c), the same color shirt that you were wearing that day. On it was a little but of dried blood, staining the fabric. Mark clutched the fabric in his hand, and darted forward, out of the woods. That piece of cloth had to be yours, it was the same exact color as the shirt you were wearing that day. He ran until he reached the streets of town, and he started looking around, running through town like a madman trying to find you. You must've come back into town, the cloth was so close to the edge of the forest. His lungs were screaming, begging him to breathe again, but no. You were in danger by a member of your own family, and there was no way Mark was going to let you get hurt anymore.

*Your P.O.V.*

You ran into the next alley, and dove behind some bags and a dumpster. Out of breath, and scratched up, you sat behind the dumpster. You went quiet as soon as you heard angry footsteps approaching. Your own breathing silenced, and you heard the ragged breathing of your mother. You heard her laugh like a maniac, before speaking. "(Y/NNNNNN)!!! MOMMY JUST WANTS TO TALK TO YOU, SWEETIE!!! SHES PROUD OF YOU, HONEY!!!!" And with that, she ran off, leaving you alone in the alley. You shivered, hugging your knees and hiding your face in your knees. You let out silent sobs, just now realizing that not only was your mom a bitch, but she was fucking psychotic. You looked up and frantically looked around, hearing something fall in the alley. You didn't stay to find out what fell or what made it fall, you got up and ran out of the alley quickly. You had no idea where your mom was going, or where she was even, but you didn't want to know. She knew how to keep up, and that scared you. She kept up for the past hour and a half, and you were terrified. You were running in the streets and looking around. Did Mark even know what was happening to you? Was your brother OK? You had no idea.... Your brothers condition was worrying you, and you honestly weren't surprised that Mark didn't know. He was probably halfway across town, doing whatever. Then... You heard sirens. Sirens signaling an emergency. You turned and looked, the sirens growing louder. Until you saw an Ambulance with Police Cruisers behind it. Was your brother in that Ambulance??? The ambulance drove by, but the Police Cruisers stopped right by you. Of course you were confused. An officer stepped out of the drivers seat, and looked at you curiously. "Miss, do you happen to be (y/n) (l/n), the young teenager that we have been looking for for the past few hours?" You slowly nodded, looking in the direction of the ambulance that drove by. The officers eyes lit up, and he quickly ran over to the passenger side, opening the door. "Get in tben, Ms. (l/n). Your brother and friend will be happy to see you." Friend....? You Slowly walked to the passenger side and got in. The officer got in the drivers side, and you both sped off after the ambulance. "Alright Miss, we're gonna get you looked at, then we'll figure out a place for you to stay, cause with your age, your mother's condition, and the condition of that home, you won't be able to go back there. We've already figured out a home for your brother, but unfortunately, there isn't room for you." You nodded slowly, and looked out the window. Where would you stay? You didn't know anyone you could stay with.... You stared out the window for a few minutes, lost in thought, until the car came to a stop. You looked, and saw you arrived at the hospital. The officer got out of the car and ran over, letting you out. You got out and followed him inside, the receptionist let you both through, and you went into a hospital room. "Alright Miss, I'll leave you here. We're going everything we can to find your mother and put her away for a long time. But, I need to know. We've found you, but not her. Do you know where she is at all?" You slowly shook your head. "No.... I lost her in an alley a few minutes before you picked me up...." He nodded. "Alright Miss, we'll find her and your new home. Don't worry." He then smiled, bowed his head slightly, and walked out the room, leaving you alone in the grey and white room. You looked around, seeing pictured, tools, and one bed in the middle. You walked over and gently sat on the bed. You didn't know what you were supposed to do, so you just let you mind wander while twiddling your fingers. You sighed loudly and fell back onto the bed. It wasn't too comfy, but it was better than nothing. Staring at the ceiling, you just laid there. Your mind was blank, and the only people in your mind were your brother, your mother, and Mark. You wondered if your brother was OK, where your mother was and if they would find her, and you wondered if Mark was thinking about you just like you were thinking of him. Your thoughts were interrupted by a man in a white coat and green scrubs walking in. "Ms. (l/n)? I hope I'm not intruding....?" You responded by gently shaking your head no. He smiled brightly. "Ah! Good. Now, I'm jsut going to check up on you, then your free to wander the hospital, but you can't leave until you're fully healed, understand?" You nodded again, and you were greeted by another smile. "Great! This won't take too long, I promise...."

~Time Skip Brought To You By CinnamonToastKen!!! And the doctor isn't a pervert or a murderer, I promise -.-

CTK: ...... Am I questioning this or.....?

Mark: Nope. Just go with it.

JackSepticEye: -Nod-~

"Aanndd..... Done! You're all patched up now, young lady! I'm surprised every movement you did didn't cause you pain, that was alot of old and fresh gashes!" He Gently patted your back and walked towards the door. "Remember, you're free to walk around the hospital and go wherever, just not the staff rooms. Recover well, young lady!" He went to reach for the doorknob, but you suddenly spoke up. "E-Excuse me sir! Uhm.... Where are you keeping my brother...?" He looked at you after your sudden outburst and laughed. "So the young lady can talk! He's down the hall, dear. He's recovering, just like you. You can visit him, if you like." And with that, the doctor left. You quickly got up and walked down the hall, trying to find your brothers room. You found it, and you quickly walked in. Your brother looked up, and his face lit up once he saw you. "(Y/n)?!?!" You smiled brightly. "(bb/n)!!! You're OK!" You ran over and gave him a gentle hug, happy when he hugged you back with his one uninjured arm. Once you two pulled away and you sat down on his bed, he started to talk. "You're OK! The Police found you! What about Mom?! Did she hurt you??? Did the Police find her?!?!" You laughed and held up your hand. "(bb/n), calm down. I'm fine, and they haven't found Mom yet, but they're looking for her." You heard the door open, and you looked behind you. You saw (bff/n), and she smiled and started squealing in happiness. "OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS ARE OK!!!!" She ran forward and tackled you in a hug, which you gladly returned. She then ran behind you and put all her attention towards your brother. They were dating, after all. You smiled and slowly backed out of the room, letting them have their space. You sighed happily, glad to know everyone was OK. You walked around the hospital, and made your way to the main lobby. You saw a chair with some books next to it, and sat down, grabbing a book that looked interesting, and started reading. You were never able to read for your own pleasure, so this was a new experience for you. You sat and happily read, Smiling as the two main characters fell for each other after he saved her from a Basilisk Monster. You giggled and held the book close to your chest. You didn't notice you had company until you heard, "Enjoying the book, dear? Its a rather pleasant one, isn't it?" You looked over and saw the doctor that tended to you earlier. "Oh yeah, it is. I love the storyline...." You smiled again, and sighed. You heard the doctor chuckle, and you looked up at him. "Well my dear, if you want, you can keep that book. I donated it to the hospital a few years ago, so I'll let you keep it." He smiled and looked out the window. "But dear, it is getting quite late. You should head back to your room for the night." You nodded and got up, following him back to your room, where he let you lay down. He kept the overhead light on so you could keep reading, and left you for the night. You Slowly fell asleep, with the book laying limply in your hands. Dreams of happiness and peace entered your mind, since you now didn't have to worry about someone disturbing them....

================================================================

Yaaayyy, nice and loonngg <3 Hope thatll make you guys happy until I update I Still Remember later today. I'm glad with how this story is turning out, and I'll probably close it off in two or more chapters. Anyways, thank for reading and I love you all! :*