Chapter Six

G.O.M.D by J Cole (Sickick Remix)

Play that nearing the end of the chapter (look for aggressive Harry) if you're willing. :)
_________________________

He clearly recalls there being strange men waking him up in the middle of random week nights; the men of his mother's choice. They always managed to slip into his room and whisper inappropriate things in his ear.

"Go away, please." He'd whimper as he pressed himself against the cold wall. It took time, but they would usually just chuckle and throw sexual slurs on their way out the door. He could never forget one Monday night, a giant man had towered over him and restrained him from fighting to protect himself. He was almost taken that night. If his father hadn't gotten home from work and started up a fight with both the scary man and his mother.

He furiously wipes the hot tear running down his cheek. He clenched his jaw and stared out the foggy window, watching as the harsh raindrops pelted the glass.

"You should be feeling angry," He gritted his teeth and whispered to himself.

"Harry?" A tiny timid voice came from the bed on the other side of the room. "I'm scared."

If he had a beating heart, it would be running on overdrive. Anger wasn't the only thing he was feeling. Quite the opposite of it. And as he carefully made his way over to the adorable bundle all tucked under her Cinderella bedsheets, he couldn't help but smile wide. Maybe he accidentally tripped in his step, but nobody could have seen it anyway so he'll just pretend it never happened.

"There's nothing to be scared of, love. I'm here to protect you from the big bad monsters." He will fulfill that duty, the one his own family never fulfilled.

She stared up at her tall friend, suddenly feeling more and more safe. He smiled and gently gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Will you sing a song?" She whispered, eyelids fluttering as she tried to keep them open. He stayed frigid, eyebrows furrowed, imaginary heart racing. Sing? A song? She wants me to sing a song? She watched with hope and a faint smile. If he declined, she was going to pout her best pout and bop his ice cold nose and giggle at the prickly feeling. A very odd method, but it worked. He knew that for sure. Mostly cause the touch was so warming and cute.

"Darling, I can't tonight," He softly chuckled. "But, I'll be right here when you wake up, okay?"

She seemed reluctant to close her eyes. He wanted badly to sing to her. But the seething pain digging in his back had told him, don't you dare. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky sigh once Adeline had fallen into a peaceful slumber. He stood and turned around, already expecting to see the dark figure standing in the corner.

He glared and made sure his Adeline was protected from the harm that was to come from this visit. The figure tilted its head toward the window before disappearing. He clenched his fists and turned to check on Adeline before heading toward the window. He took the easiest way to get to the forest. Straight through the glass.

"Fuck off!" He suddenly shouted as he neared the trees. "You have no fucking right!"

He could see the smirk and hear a slight chuckle. "I don't think you control where I go or who I see, little chum."

"This is my property. I don't want you trespassing. And I don't want you anywhere near Addie."

"Ohhh! Addie is her name, huh?"

"You're asking for it," He growled lowly. "Go back to hell."

"Can't. He himself kicked me out. Guess I'm the baddest of the baddest." The old grump laughed and choked on his spit.

"baddest of the baddest don't call themselves that, smartass," He grumbled and turned away from the ugly ogre.

"And where do you think you're going?"

He peered over his shoulder with dark eyes. Without an answer, he made his way toward the house.

"We had a deal!" It shouted once more.

Before disappearing inside, he turned around. He was red with anger. "Part of that deal was staying the fuck away!"

And once he quietly entered Adeline's room, he knelt at the edge of Adeline's bed. He felt content that she was content. He wasn't going to let some old drunken idiot hurt his little angel. No. He wasn't going to let anybody hurt his little angel.

___________________________
Just to be clear, there will be a leap in time somewhere coming soon. It won't be underage, heck no. Haha

I reaaally hope you enjoyed this chapter. :) I had some personal stuff going on and it was taking a toll on me, but now that that drama is goneee, I'll be writing agaaaain!