Ashfur

Sent in by Starlingfall_Potato

"I'll purr over what will happen after I've revealed the truth."

Ashfur dies in The Power of Three: Long Shadows. It's the day before the night of the full moon, the Gathering. We all know-unless you don't, in which case you shouldn't be this far in my book, much less reading it in the first place-that Ashfur found out about the truth of Jayfeather's, Hollyleaf's, and Lionblaze's birth, he's gonna ruin the clans by exposing it that night, etc. Before the Gathering, Hollyleaf is out for a walk, runs into Ashfur. They have an arguement about what the secret will do to the clans, and then Ashfur says his-assumedly- last words. The next scene in Long Shadows is when the cats are about to leave for the Gathering, Ashfur is no where to be found, and they find his dead body washed up by the edge of the creek; but from Hollyleaf's Story, we can use Hollyleaf's flashbacks and piece together what happened. After their quarrel, Ashfur stalked away into the woods. Hollyleaf followed him, and when he stopped for a drink by the stream, Hollyleaf attacked him, sinking her teeth into his throat, and killed him, knocking his body into the river in the process to be found later by the ThunderClan Gathering patrol. Now I'd call these words Strong, but if only I had added a Cruel category or an Insane-Cat-Who-Enjoys-Tearing-Lives-Apart's-Last-Words category. Although then I'd have to go back and change my rating for Tigerstar, Hawkfrost, etc. What do you think of Ashfur's last words? Post your ratings down in the comments below!

RATE
-Powerful
-Touching
-Meaningful
-Heartbreaking
-Funny
-Boring

Picture courtesy of Weird-Honey.deviantart.com