(BOOK 3) Chapter 27 - This Is What Makes Us Girls

Start from the beginning

''What happened two months ago'' Luke trailed off. He didn't want to say it, but he indicated it

''What happened?''

''New Year's?'' Luke asked trying to jog Sam's memory. Samuel wasn't playing along through; he shook his head feigning ignorance.

''You have to remind me, sorry'' For the first time, Luke, looked down. He turned his head to meet my eye for a spilt of a second before returning to Sam.

''Can we speak in private at least then?'' Sam didn't do anything. He just looked at Luke. Amy started to stand up, indicating that she was going to give them privacy; she left the kitchen taking me with her. We went into the living room instead where Tristan was fiddling on his phone with football on the TV. It must have been a re-run.

He looked up; his smiled widening when he saw Amy. He soot dup pulling up his jeans,

''You lot ready to leave?''

''In a minute, I think Sam is going to kill Luke.''

''Luke?'' Tristan looked at me. Okay, so he was another person who knew what happened. He already hated me; this was just going to the icing on his cake.

''Yeah, he just knocked on the door a couple of minutes ago'' Amy explained oblivious to everything.

''Really?'' Tristan questioned, looking at me. Amy was too distracted with the football on the TV to notice the looks that Tristan was giving me. She nodded not really paying attention.

''Isn't that Omari?'' Amy pointed at the screen. She turned the volume up, clearly excited. I nodded. I had spotted him a few times on TV.

''That is so cool'' She shouted like a fan girl. ''I wish my boyfriend was a footballer.''

''Ay!'' Tristan pushed her jokingly.

''I'm happy with you yeah, but just imagine. We could just be like the ghetto Posh and Becks''

''Instead of naming out kids like Romeo, we call them Ramell'' She added.

Tristan laughed muttering ''D_ckhead.''

''Whatever mate, I need to find my phone before we leave, if you hear a crash can you like go and save Lukes life.'' Amy joked leaving the room.

I just didn't understand, my week started off so well, I had my 18th, I got a car, I was going to go clubbing today. And in seconds it was ruined. I didn't want to be alone with Tristan now knowing that he knew, but I didn't want to leave either because it would confirm that I was comfortable around him, which he would love.

Amy hadn't turned the TV volume down. It was loud, and I couldn't hear Sam and Lukes faint voices anymore.

''Can you pass the remote?''

''Sorry, are you speaking to me or sleeping with someone?'' I didn't even have the energy to reply to his hate filled question. Who says of stuff like that? I bet he had sat and thought about that, he was just waiting for me to ask him a question just so he could say it. I just walked past him, picked up the remote and just turned the TV off. The silence was worse but at least I could hear Luke murmuring.

''Isn't this ironic?''

''What?'' I asked sighing, uncrossing my arms, then them again. I don't know why I was fuelling him.

''Lukes name is Luke, and in the bible that's the chapter were Judas betrays Jesus?''

What an idiot. ''So is Omari on the same level as God to you then?'' I questioned.

''Maybe, but if he is, that makes you the devil.''

Amy walked back into the room before I could even reply.