Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?

"Don't keep your feelings to yourself"
Society's favorite quote.
It's always easier to keep everything inside, hiding it from everyone and just hoping time will heal it.
Time heals.
Deep wounds will always leave scars on us, that even the longest of times can't heal. It hurts less, yes, but you can still feel them, you still get those memories, they keep playing in your mind like an endless movie, and you just can't tear them apart. They are a part of you, pulling together the person you were, are and will be.
New scars bring out the pain caused by past events. Always. Every night tears pour from my eyes, hoping they can help time with it's healing process. It doesn't seem to help much, but at least they stay with me until I drift into sleep. They won't judge or complain. They will always be there for me, sharing my biggest fears and saddest memories.
Some people get to a point where they can no longer feel the pain caused by memories of their past. They just get used to it. Every night I pray to become one of those people. To be able to remember without tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I want to be capable to talk about my past, to embrace it and look into the future without any fear.
Love is the answer, that's what they say...