Tsunade was just about to let him leave when an idea surfaced. She gazed at him for a few moments—Hidan staring back at her with uninterested magenta eyes—before she cracked a smirk.

"How well do you do at bars?"

::

"All of them are accepting of this development," Kurenai informed as she read through the letters from the Kazekage, Raikage, Tsuchikage, and Mizukage. "Mei-sama and Kurotsuchi-sama seem ecstatic to finally have a gender balanced summit, and Gaara-sama and A-sama are curious to find out who was able to build a formidable shinobi nation up from dust. With these four approvals, all we need not is the Otokage's agreement, and if they do, their okay for attaining the proper Kage attire. Well the hat, in the very least."

Kakashi nodded, lacing his fingers together and propping his chin on them. Officially bringing in a sixth Kage was a huge deal. The shinobi villages were already buzzing with this new piece of information and possible identities were being thrown around, a common one being Orochimaru despite his deceased status.

There were a few knocks at the door.

"Enter."

Kabuto stepped into the room. "I have received a response from Otokage-sama," he said. "And she has agreed to attend the Kage Summit."

Kakashi expected a weight to be lifted off his shoulders, but the burden previously sat upon them only seemed to grow heavier. Something like a foreboding feeling. He quickly pushed it aside when Kabuto spoke again.

"Also, I'll be returning to Otogakure and will be one of the ones attending the summit alongside the Otokage. Tobi will handle all diplomatic issues from this day forward."

The Hokage bit the inside of his cheek at the mention of that name. Ever since the day at the memorial stone, he hadn't seen or made a move to talk to his old friend another time. Coming to terms with Obito being alive was one thing, but acting like everything was alright wasn't going to work out. Truthfully he was scared to see how much the years had changed them both. He smiled at Kabuto.

"I see. I don't think there's any problem with that."

There was every problem with that.

::

"The Exchange Program got extended an extra two weeks?" Hidan groaned. "Of course it did. But that's fine. Konoha has pretty good pork buns that I can live off of for a while longer."

They were at Yakiniku Q in the far corner booth, beef grilling in front of them as they sipped cups of sake. Hidan noted how sweet it tasted as he glanced at the brands of alcohol they offered at this establishment. Tsunade scoffed.

"Nothing would make me happier to get my staff back, but it's probably because of the upcoming Kage Summit. Less commotion, more things that run smoothly," she said. She took a bite of her BBQ. "Speaking of the Kage Summit, I heard that your leader is officially becoming the sixth Kage. Must be a great honor, hm?"

Hidan leaned back in his seat and drew in a long sip of his drink. "I guess. I wouldn't know, but I'd have to ask her about it later."

Her fingers twitched. "Well, what about what you think about this whole matter? I'm sure you have an opinion about it."

"I'm sure I do."

Tsunade's eyes narrowed ever so slightly. What was going on? Why wasn't it working? Seeing this, Hidan's eyes flashed mischievously. He set his cup down to lean all the way forward and pitch his voice down to a low whisper.

"What? Upset that your truth serum didn't work?"

She raised her head. "I've underestimated you."