Chapter 2

"Now that it's all said and done,
I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down,
Like an old abandoned house.
What you said when you left
Just left me cold and out of breath.
I fell too far, was in way too deep.
Guess I let you get the best of me"

It's been almost 2 months and I've been falling into a depressing rut. Wake up, eat, go to school, do homework, work at my job, go home and sleep. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I can't remember the last time I smiled.

It's funny how I was too stupid and stubborn to realize that I was in too deep. Love crept in like a thief and it stole my heart right out of my chest without me even realizing. I guess I never thought that I would lose you soon. All the stories are wrong when it comes to finding The One because I lost you too early. We would fight, I would scream, you would call me crazy but you'd still kiss me and tell me that you love me. But I took it too far on that day you were taken from me.

I should've never blamed you for my faults, they were mine and mine only. You made me feel at peace with the world but you tore me down like an old abandoned house. I'll never forget all the memories you gave me, even the ones I wanted to forget. I can't. My heart may never be the same but I'll still think of you. Your words cut me like a knife and I regret every insult I threw at you. My last hour with you was spent arguing over something as stupid as missing dinner reservations for our anniversary. No dinner will ever be more important than you baby. Not now not ever.

My heart has been shattered into a million broken pieces and no one can heal me. The wounds you left behind on me were too great for anyone to fix. Friends, family and even other men who had an interest in me couldn't heal the gaping wound that festered the flesh. My friends tell me I should be getting over you leaving me behind but I can't. There's too much that you've done to me and with me. You were the one. But fate thought differently.....