Did I want to know why Tyler had lost it?

That sounded like more drama and right then, I had just about enough of it.

"I honestly couldn't deal with anymore drama, right now, so thank you but no..." I answered, knowing I'd made the right decision.

"Fair enough..." He commented and I thought I could detect a hint of sadness in his tone. "So what can I really do for you, then?"

I let out a big sigh.

"Can you ask my mother to give me a small allowance, the way she did before?" I could feel the heat as it reached my cheeks.

"Are you telling me that you still don't have any means of payment?" There was no mistaking his anger this time.

"I don't, no..." I answered in a small voice.

"Bianca did come to apologize after what happened on Thursday, right?!" What was I supposed to answer to that? If I told him the truth, Mom would hate me even more...

"Sh-she did, yes..." I finally stuttered.

"You're a really bad liar..." He snapped and I cringed at what I knew would happen now that I had opened my big mouth. "What else do you need?"

"A couple of bikes for Nathan and I and my cleats so that I can try out for the soccer team tomorrow after school..." I admitted, ashamed to be asking a man I hardly knew for his help.

"Give me half an hour..." He said before hanging up.

I put my phone on Leo's bed and wiped my clammy hands on my skirt.

"Was it Bryan?" Nate asked.

"Christian..." I answered with a grimace.

"Oh..."

"Yeah... He said he'd get back to me in half an hour..." I pretended that I wasn't totally shaken by what I'd just done.

"Ok... I guess I could do my homework in the meantime." He answered with his hand already pulling a book out of his school bag.

I jumped when somebody knocked at the door a couple of minutes later. I went to open the door to a very sad looking Leo.

"Why do you knock on your own door, Leo?" I asked him with a frown.

"I-I wasn't sure you still wanted to talk to me after what happened earlier..." He stuttered.

"You mean with Tyler?" He nodded.

"Leo... This is your room... And as far as I'm concerned, I am your friend..."

"So am I, Lee..." Nathan cut in.

"See?" I almost cried when I saw his relieved sigh.

He jumped in my arms and hugged me so tightly that I almost fell down.

"Easy, Tiger..." I forced myself to joke even if right then, I'd have given anything to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep.

"I-I don't want to lose you..." He muttered.

"You won't lose us, Leo..." I answered, hoping I hadn't just lied to the boy.

"What are you doing, Nate?" He asked my brother when I finally released him.

"That Science worksheet, Mr. Polland gave us..." And just like that, things went back to normal between them.

I decided to finish my calculus homework, hoping it would keep my mind busy. It worked so well that I thought I'd have a heart-attack when somebody knocked at the door.