Chapter Three

"Can't I hold you even for just a moment?"

The words that left his mouth never left my mind. I was still in his embrace, now noticing how warm he was, I barely moved, afraid of losing this warmth.

A quick flash came into my mind and it pained me a litte. I quickly pushed him away and luckily, he did. My mind became a mess, and I couldn't think straight anymore. I lifted my hands next to my head, trying to grab hold of the dizziness.

"I have to go," I said, trying to sound as natural as possible. I looked down, not wanting to glance over at him as I left the rooftop. The vision I had never happened before. Any vision ever, and it felt strange.

Were my memories possibly be coming back after all these years?

I shook that out of my head as I reached to my locker. As I opened the locker, I placed my head on the door of it and sighed. Too many things were happening and my head felt like a maze.

I suddenly felt the cold surrounding, and my mind went back to the rooftop. Without realizing it myself, a smile crept on my face. As I looked back on it, a difference occurrence went through my mind but it wasn't the same place. Although it was different, it was also way too similar to what had just happened. It felt the same.

• • •

Soon after school ended, Yooyoung and I went to our own place, technically being forced to study without each other. I sighed and started to imitate her out of annoyance. "You have to learn how to be independent." I rolled my eyes but then smiled at the end of how stupid was being.

Once I arrived home, I immediately called Yooyoung. Once she finally picked up, I didn't give her a chance to greet me. "Hey, how do you do this?"

She sighed, "do what, homework?"

"Yes," I answered very slowly and unsurely. When she didn't answer back, I continued on. "But mostly because I'm bored, and I really need someone to talk to."

She laughs, "figure it out yourself and stop depending on me so much." For a moment, nothing came from our mouths. I was waiting for her to finish babbling but instead she scoffs. "This is boring, I'm hanging up." As I was about to say something, she shuts me off.

I frowned out of boredom and roamed the little apartment before actually trying to do something productive. Once I took out the sheet of paper that was due tomorrow, I instantly fell asleep. It was too boring.

• • •

The hunger stuck me hard and woke me up. I scanned my room for a second, realizing I haven't even start on the homework I took out. Deciding between my hunger and homework, I obviously chose hunger and sluggishly dragged myself to the kitchen.

I knew there was nothing in the fridge, but I wanted to check anyways. I grabbed my phone, questioning myself if i should call Yooyoung again, but she was probably studying for a test that'll happen in like thirty years from now.

I grabbed my jacket and headed outside. The wind blew across me softly as I stroll along the sidewalks of Seoul. It was already eight, but I was craving some ramen. People always told me not to walk out at night, but it was honestly relaxing. It was colder than it was this morning but it didn't bother me.

Once I had reached to the convenient store, I took a pack of ramen to eat inside. The warmth that filled my stomach satisfied me. I smiled to myself as I was halfway done with the ramen.

The second I glanced out the window, I had to take another look just to be sure I saw him correctly. He was casually walking by the store but stopped as he noticed me. I choked on my food, and tried to cover my mouth with my hands.

He slightly smiled at my tiny actions, continuing his walk afterwards. But as he walked away, I noticed that his smile disappeared quite quickly. Although it was way too dark to tell, he somewhat looked sad.