Chapter 9. Pain

Maya's POV

He left me. He was so desperate to leave that he even ran out in his bicycle.

I stood on the fire escape, stunned speechless as I watched him cycle away and disappear into the crowd of people.

"Wasn't that Josh?" Farkle groaned as he rubbed his bruised knee.

A wave of pain washed over my chest as I felt the strong ache, pound against my heart at the sound of his name.

Josh left me, I knew it. I shouldn't have kissed him. All because I couldn't wait any longer.

This is my fault. There goes another person who left me, adding onto my list of losts.

He really left.

"Y-yeah. That was him." I responded, the tears stinging my eyes.

I walked back up the fire escape, heading back to the Matthew's Apartment, heavy hearted and depressed.

Farkle trailed after me as I got in.

"Hey Maya, why'd you run off like that?" Riley queried, putting her pencil down.

"Urmm..."

"Hey Riley, your Uncle just stole the bike I got for my 15th birthday, so I'll really appreciate it if he returns, plus he looked like he was running... From someone..." Farkle trailed off, turning to look at me.

Ashamed, my gaze dropped to the ground, walking over to the Bay window.

"Oh peaches." Riley said in remorse as she walked over towards me.

"It's okay-"

Beep.

We all turned towards Riley as we heard her phone go off. She shot us a nervous smile, taking it out and checking it.

Clearing her throat, she shoved it back in and looked right back at me, "Continue."

Curiosity got the better of me as I queried, "Who was that?"

"No one important."

"Riles, who was that?"

Could it be Josh texting her?

Immediately, I took out her phone and checked her text. It was none other than Charlie.

"Ugh."

"Hey don't ugh my Boyfriend." Riley retorted, snatching her phone back, away from my hands.

"You two are sick."

Josh's POV

So this is my life now?

A 20 year old kid, Cycling in his pyjamas in New York?

Running from a girl, he kissed and admitted he had feelings for?

What had my life become now-

"Josh? Josh is that you?" That voice...

"Josh!" I whipped my head around.

Seeing his welcoming smile and familiar brunette hair, I knew an angel had been sent down.

"Shawn!" I shouted, getting off my bike immediately,I dashed towards then, hugging him.

"Hey man, what are you doing here?"

"I ran away..." I muttered, looking down.

"What? Why? Wait, is it because of Maya?"

My eyes widened in shock, "How'd you know about that?"

"A lil'bird told me..." He trailed off.

Riley. I'm going to kill her as soon as I get-

"You know, Josh. I once had a person I deeply cared about..." He walked over to a nearby bench and took a sit.

He did? How come I've never known about this before?

Trailing after him, I queried, "You did? Who?"

"Her name isn't important now... The point is, I let her go and now she's married to the love of her life... See, what I'm trying to say is, everything happens for a reason."

My face twisted in confusion, needing further elaboration.

"Josh, if I had the chance to propose to her and if she had said yes, she would wake up one day, realising that this isn't right. Even now, I'm extremely happy with Katy. So, if Maya kissed you and you ran away, you gotta think about what's gonna happen next."

I looked down, tucking my fingers into the pockets of my pyjama pants.

What is going to happen next?

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Sorry Guys. For the sudden delete of well, everything. I've done further contemplation and realised this wasn't right. So I decided to keep this account but wrote other stories on my other account. Peace out ;)

P.S I accidentally deleted my chapter 2 so it's out of line right now XD bye!