seven

London's POV-

Dark green leaves towered all around me, rustling as Liam raked his fingers through his soft tufts of dark brown hair. We were headed towards Liam's camp (which was something that I understood, phew.) and he said that we were sneaking around the edge because he wanted to show me something.

"Almost there." He murmured, slapping his hand over my mouth to stop my whining. Liam pushed me towards playfully, and I smacked headfirst into a soft bush.

"Wait, this looks exactly like my garden, back in at home..." I trailed off. He gleamed with happiness.

He had put up the pomegranates, apples and also, the obsidian berries.

"How'd you get the jewels?"

"Stymph helped."

"Do you like it? I re-created your garden because, well, your garden is absolutely beautiful. I was so inspired by it I grew a few of my own gold-leafed plants. Here put these gloves on." Liam handed me a pair of gloves tipped with small shining pieces of gold while I gaped at him wordlessly.

"Here." He helped me slip the gloves on when I didn't respond, or react.

"Alright, so all you have to do is touch something, and it'll turn to gold." He pushed a small basket containing a few mint leaves towards me.

"They're mint leaves." He said as I sniffed them.

"I know what they are." I murmured, picking one up. Nothing happens for a moment, and in a blink of an eye, the leaf turned into a slightly floppy piece of gold.

"It's also edible. Tastes like metal though." He answered as I ripped a tiny piece off and inspected the inside.

Definitely pure gold. I thought.

"Alright, now just remove the gloves by the tips. Just pinch, and tug. Toss it into that dish over there." He beckoned to a shallow dish over a small picnic table.

I tossed the gloves into the dish, treading on the soft, carpet-like tufts of green that Liam called 'grass' as we headed towards the site.
----------
"Alright, Colchis!" Liam yelled, clapping his hands lightly as people seated themselves at the long table. Eyes were trained on me as I wrung my hands nervously.

"This is London Austin Eloisa. She's 16, and she's from...." He trailed off, unsure.

"Canada." I piped up.

"Right, she's from Canada." Liam murmured.

We went on, talking about me and my 'home' and basic facts about me.

"Anyway, I'm guessing you all are starving, so we should start eating." Everyone nodded, stretching.

Plates of food were piled onto the table in a flash and people started yelling and whooping.

"Ethan, give me that chicken thigh!" Someone screamed.

"Pass the mashed potatoes, will you?" A girl with a British accent murmured to another girl as we passed by.

Someone caught my hand, pulling me to the ground.

"You." I whispered as the girl nodded.

"I'm Kiera." She responded, pulling me up as her purple-streaked hair waved around.

"Ki, do you have the papers that I asked for yesterday?" He frowned. Kiera nodded, stepping out of her seat and grabbed hold of Liam, pushing him to the ground as he yanked my hand, taking me with him.

We stared at each other for a moment, confused.

We were at another part of the table.

"Kiera has teleportation. She probably doesn't want to be disturbed right now. I'll ask for it later." He grumbled, sitting next to a girl with almond brown hair, paired with leaf green eyes.

"Hello, Liam. Who's this?" The girl pointed at me.

"I'm London. I mentioned it during the speech." She turned red.

"I'm sorry, London. I wasn't listening during the speech."

"It's okay. I don't like listening to speeches too."

"I'm Jed. Short for Jederina." Jed said, shaking my hand.

"London, can we begin yet?" Liam moaned, plopping his hands on his thighs.

I laughed softly. "Sure, Liam. Let's eat."
------
After tons of food, I learned what apples were and what water was.

"I like water!" I squealed.

Liam handed me a glass filled with water, except it had bubbles in it.

"Here, try this. It's Sprite."

I cautiously took a sip of the glass of Sprite before exploding off the wall.

"I like Sprite better than water!"

He sighed. "It's eleven. We should probably go to bed."

"Bed." I nodded as I trailed after Liam.

We entered a room that looked similarly like mine back home, except it was decorated with a few wolf statues. He pushed my suitcase next to a matte-looking birch closet.

"Thanks, Liam. I'm glad my father didn't kill you." I mumbled tiredly, voice muffled as my face landed on a soft marshmallow-like lump.
------
hELLO
another updateeeee
ily guys sm
<3

please vote, comment & follow!
~cringe