Chapter 20

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 20

Friday, August 2

"Lace, you are extremely violent."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. What does that mean?

It was the next morning and everyone was just waking up. Surprisingly, I wasn't the last to, but I had just woken up less than a minute ago so I was still a little on the groggy side.

"What?" I asked Nate who was just coming out of the bathroom. I sat up on the bed and gave him a questioning look.

"I'm pretty sure you slapped me at least ten times," he explained with a yawn. "You kept waking me up."

"Not true," I defended and crossed my arms. But I have no memory of what happened last night, so I could be lying.

"You pushed me out of the bed!"

I looked down to see Eli on the sheets on the floor. It looked like he had been previously scrolling through his phone but stopped to tell me this bit of information. It also looked like he had been down there for awhile now.

I blushed involuntarily; I hate Eli for making me feel like this. "Did not," I muttered.

"I've got a bruise to prove it," he said and smirked up at me.

I know that my face became even redder, so I stood up and walked to the bathroom saying, "Not my fault!" as I walked in.

I peed then washed my hands. I looked into the mirror and sighed; my face was still red.

What is Eli doing to me? I shouldn't be feel this way about him so quickly. And how did I feel? I certainly didn't love him... I think. I just know that I have strong feelings for him that make me want to jump in his arms and hug him forever. I also wanted his lips to be on mine twenty four seven.

"Snap out of it," I mumbled and splashed water on my face. I need to get a hold of myself.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and sighed. My skin was kind of blotchy looking and I had bags under my eyes. My hair was an untamed mess like usual, sticking up in all possible directions. I tried to smooth it down a little.

"Whatever," I said. It didn't do much.

What did Eli see in this? I mean, I have never been one to look down at myself but I wasn't really all that much, at least compared to Eli. He looked like he could be some kind of model while I was an average girl. He really could do so much better than me, but he was choosing not to. That is the amazing part.

I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed, leaning into the wall so that only my feet were hanging off the side of the bed.

"I'm gonna go check on everyone," I said. "Who's coming?"

Eli stood up and smiled at me, revealing those dimples that I loved so much. "Me," he said.

Oh. My. Gosh

Somewhere in the middle of the night, Eli had stripped. He was only wearing boxers, and I hadn't noticed it before because he had been wrapped up in sheets. But now that I had noticed, I couldn't unnotice no matter how much I wanted, no needed to.

He's just so perfect.

Eli's chest and abdomen is perfectly sculpted, but not in the weird "too perfect" way. He's tan and muscled really well, his arms too. Looking at Eli made me literally wanted to jump into his arms, curl up in a ball and be warmed by his body heat. There was really no other way to explain it.