Abducted • Chapter 10

TWO MONTHS LATER

Nicki

"Meek," I called him over to his desk, where I was sitting.

"What's up?" He answered, lifting me off of the chair, taking a seat and then placing me on his lap.

"Um, well-"

"Nicki, spit it out. What's going on?"

"You have money missing."

I felt him tense up slightly and then calm down once again. "How much?"

"Just a bit over 25," I bit my lip as I turned around and looked at him nervously.

He stayed silent. I knew he was thinking. "Alright, I ain't gon' do nothing yet, but let me know if anymore goes missing." I nodded my head. "I'm serious, Nicki. I don't care if it's a single dollar--of them numbers ain't adding up, let me know asap."

"I know, baby. Just relax, I'm sure it was nothing."

"I'm cool, thank you though," he kissed my cheek and gripped my waist tighter, making me smile.

"It's no big deal."

"Nah, for real, you've been holding me down for the last few months, and keeping me and my money good.

I turned around and pecked his lips a few times. "That was sweet. You know, you're opening up to me more and more everyday."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't be thinkin' about that shit. Ain't that what you wanted anyway?"

"Yeah, I did. It makes me happy too, Meek." He nodded. "You said you have a sister, right?"

"Yeah, I got one."

"Well, why haven't I met her?"

"Why you wanna meet her?"

"I just wanna get to know you better, Meek.

"Well, I'm right here," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Meek, I don't have any friends here either. Do you know how lonely I get staying at the house? Or having to go shopping with your impatient ass?"

"Watch ya mouth," he tapped my arm. I kissed my teeth and turned around, standing up. "Stop that," he said, grabbing my waist, and pulling me back on his lap. "You'll meet her tomorrow, she's already coming down here." I smiled to myself. "I know your annoying ass is mad happy."

"Shut up!" I laughed.

We stayed in a comfortable silence as I finished going over the numbers for this week. "Alright, Meek. We can go now, I'm finished," I stood up from his lap. I placed the small binder in his desk drawer. "Make sure you lock it."

"I know." I grabbed my purse and put on my sweater. "You ready?" He asked me.

I nodded, grabbing his outreached hand. We stepped out of the office, he locked the door, and we proceeded down the stairs.

"You wanna go to the car or you waiting here for me?"

"I'll wait."

He nodded and let go of my hand. "Ayo, Tak! Come here!" Meek pulled him aside, "Nicki been doing the numbers for the week, and 25k came up missing."