Abducted • Chapter 2

Onika "Nicki" Maraj

"Marriage? I can give you money. How much money do you need? I'll have it for you within a few days, please," I begged as I looked at him intently.

"Nah, I don't want money, I got enough of that. I'd rather have you."

"There has to be something I can give you. If you let me go, I won't even tell anyone about this, I'll act like it never happened," I pleaded once again with the slightest bit of hope.

"I'm really convinced you're deaf or some shit. Didn't I say I don't want anything? I said I want you, and that's exactly what I'm gonna get."

I sighed, "But, why me? Why am I the one that has to pay the price?"

"What's the one thing, or person, should I say, that Travis loved most in this world?"

I put my head down, it was true. There's no other thing, nothing else that Travis loved more than me. He didn't have any family. He loved and cherished me to the fullest.

"Exactly," he grinned.

"Well, ya ass is gonna end up in jail once my people back home call the police and report me missing."

He chuckled, "Not exactly." I watched as he brought out his gun, cringing as he placed it against my head. He handed me a phone. "Dial ya people up and let them know that you good. Tell
Them not to bother you or worry about you. Tell them you married and livin' with ya husband. They better not call the police either, make sure they know you're good."

"Please don't make me do this. I'm sorry for whatever Travis did, please just let it go," I looked up at him.

He pressed the gun even harder into my head. "You got two choices, you know what they are."

Tears filled the rims of my eyes as my hands shook while I dialed Sherika's number. I would dial my mom's, but I know she would give me a harder time.

I placed the phone to my ear, listening to it ring, hoping she wouldn't answer...at least not on these terms.

"Hello?" I heard her say on the other end and my voice got stuck in my throat as I tried to find the right words to say.

"Hello?" she said once again. He gripped my shoulder tightly, whispering in my ear, "Answer the fucking phone."

I took a deep breath, "H-hey Sherika, it's me."

"Nicki?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's Nicki."

I heard her take a sigh of relief. "I've been worried sick about you Nicki, I haven't heard from you in three days, I went to your condo and you weren't there...what's up, what's going on?"

"I'm fine Sherika, I'm okay."

"You sure?"

I wanted so badly to say no, tears clouded my vision and spilled down my cheeks as I looked up into his eyes. "You know what to do," he mouthed.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'm good, Sherika."

"Okay, then. Well, when are you coming home?"

"Well actually, I moved."

"Moved? Okay, well what's your new address, I was thinking we can watch movies tonight and chill. Marcus and I are going through it again," she laughed.

"Sherika, I moved...out of New York."

"W-what do you mean Nicki?"

"I didn't tell you, but I was seeing this guy, and we got...married. I moved in with him."