Chapter 6 - One Day I'll Fly Away

Start from the beginning

I was welcomed in the principal’s office by a smile, that man looked a lot like my ballet teacher… maybe family? Anyways, the principal spoke about the school and told me the rules, about 2 hours later I was allowed  to leave. I missed my first two classes already because of the principal, there was a 15 minute break now and then I would have Ancient Greek. Great.. Why was I enrolled in that course? I studied the map the principal gave me and I began to walk towards the cafeteria. The hallway I walked through was pure white. The floor was dark blue, almost black. Interesting…  Every 5 meters was a board with a lot of posters about everything and nothing. The only poster that caught my eyes was a poster about a dance show with the title: “Broadway – All that Jazz”.  After a better look at the poster I saw it was from the ballet school I just started yesterday, Funny.

When I found the cafeteria I expected a mess, every screaming and running, but nothing was more untrue. They were eating silently, almost silently they were whispering. Almost like stepping into a Catacomb, Catacom? What the… I never been in one… But I have… Who are you!!!? Oh MY Dancing rainbow unicorns! I’m going crazy! No you’re not… STOPPPPPP!

                                            ~~~~ Titania’s POV ~~~~

We were on the road again, for like 10 minutes. We left the little village Les Gets and drove through the village Taninges, which was next to Les Gets. Next was Cluses and Bonneville. Bonneville was a cute city. We stopped for breakfast there. I stepped out of the carriage. The driver had parked us next to a small, or as they say in French: ‘petit’, café. For humans the silver carriage looked like a Big black Range Rover, the horses were invisible. I headed for the door, Kate, Candy and Puck behind me. We were hungry. Kate ordered a pile of pancakes, on the menu they were called: ‘crèpes’, Puck ordered Croissants, Candy said she was on diet, but ordered ‘pain-au-chocolat’, chocolate filled rolls. I ordered scrambled eggs with toast myself. We all had a cup of tea with our breakfast. I was thinking about our journey, it would take a few days, to west Scotland. End of today we had to be at Calais, ready to take the ferry to Dover.

Back to the breakfast table, Puck was watching Candy in every move, it was getting annoying. Candy was ignoring Puck and was talking with Kate. I heard something about going to Scotland and seeing Heathcliff again. This made me angrier. “No Heathcliff for you Kate! You know the consequences…” Her face became pale and shocked. We ate the rest of the breakfast in silence.

After breakfast we entered the carriage and were on the road again…

We drove by Annemasse, Saint-Juliën-en-Genevois, Bellegarde-sur-Valserine, Bourg-en-Bresse, Macon, Chalon-sur-Saône and Auxerre. We had another break in Auxerre after 2 hours. Just for stretching our legs and to get some fresh air. Because our lunch stop would be in Paris, on top of the Eiffel tower. Our reservations were already made.

                                            ~~~~ Shawn’s POV ~~~~

After my internal discussion with something weird I entered my classroom. There was space for 20 students. In the front row were some nerds, then 2 emo boys, a Goth boy, jocks… I hated those, and cheerleaders.  Next to the Goth boy and in front of the jocks was an empty spot. Reluctantly I sat down and waited for the teacher to come.

When the teacher entered the room she turned to me and beckoned me to the front of the classroom. “Hello class, this is a new student here, make him feel welcomed.” Then she turned to me “Please, introduce yourself. My name is Elvira, but call me Miss Hook.”

I had to what!? O… MY… “Now please..” said the teacher when I was quiet for like 5 minutes.

“W..Well.. Hi.., M..My name i…i..is.. Sss..shh..shawn.” “Look it’s a stutterer!” One of the jocks yelled, I blushed and looked at the ground. Then the teacher interrupted the jock. “James, shut up or you’ll have to copy my dictionary, all 2000 pages! Well Shawn, please continue.” “I..I..I..mo..moved here T..t..the.. d…day.. be..before.. y..y..yes..yesterday and l..li..live w..w…w..with my m..m..mmm.mmom.” I sat down again and felt ashamed. The Goth boy next to me gave me a smile and then the teacher began writing on the chalkboard: