10 o'clock (pt. 2)

"Uhm, Tony...? Could you maybe get up from the table?"

"But my head hurts...!"

"Yes, I kind of assumed that. But we are at a coffee shop and the other guests are staring at us...", Steve whispered, poking the smaller man's arm to get him to sit up straight. It was already pretty late but Tony had slept until 7 p.m. and Steve hadn't wanted to break his promise to get him some coffee when he woke up.

"God, you're extra annoying today, Rogers.", the brunette spoke, sitting up and clumsily taking a sip from the cup standing in front of him. "Ahhh, coffee makes hangovers so much easier to endure."

"Well, you wouldn't have any hangovers if you wouldn't drink so much.", Steve criticized, stirring his café latte.

"You're being annoying on purpose, aren't you?", the brunette replied, trying to sound angry but he couldn't hide a small grin that flashed across his face as he stuffed one half of a huge blueberry muffin into his mouth.

"You're not even that hung over, Stark, I can see it in your eyes.", Steve teased, glad he wouldn't have to carry the other man home on his shoulders.

"I have developed a high hangover tolerance level in the last months.", the brunette joked, although it was true. "So, Capsicle. What are we doing here? I have a hard time believing our only purpose here is drinking coffee."

"Well, I am the leader of the Avengers and you are the guy who's flying around and telling everybody what to do anyway so I figured, it wouldn't be bad if we got to know each other a little. At least to a point where we don't start a fight every time we talk to each other.", Steve replied, taking himself a chocolate chip muffin. "Moreover, I thought, maybe getting to know me a little better could also help you personally... with... you know."

"That's not even such a bad idea.", Tony replied, taking a sip from his coffee and looking into Steve's eyes. He knew he had been quite an asshole to him over the last months but still the soldier seemed to feel empathy for him. He didn't really know what to think about that, though. "So how is this 'getting to know each other'-thing working? Are we going to exchange information about our favorite color? Our celebrity crush? Our most loved movie classic?"

"Stop it, Stark.", Steve smirked. "You know exactly that's not how this is going to work." The soldier never knew what to think about the witty comments and the sarcasm the other man seemed to speak fluently. It was a deadly weapon if he directed his sharp tongue against him but as long as it was just fun and games he actually kind of enjoyed Tony's eccentric nature. "But it isn't a worse start than any other. So, my favorite color is blue. I guess yours is gold or something?"

"Red, actually, but close enough.", Tony replied, biting into his second muffin - red velvet this time.

"Did you just say that so it would match your muffin...?"

"You think I would lie about my favorite color just to pull off a joke? I would never. So, what was next... Ah, your celebrity crush?", the brunette asked, grinning roguishly.

"I do not have one, to be honest. What is yours?", Steve replied, his eyes darting down in abashment although he didn't quite know where it was coming from.

"Aw, come on, you can't tell me there is nobody on this planet you find attractive. You really can't be that boring! My current celebrity crush is a girl called Stacey. She has long, wavy, brown hair and a cute smile. Moreover she can handle hot things very well, if you know what I mean.", he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"That's not a celebrity, that's our waitress!", Steve laughed. "And with 'hot things' you mean the coffee she brought us, I hope. So, last question. What's your favorite movie classic?"

"I really like the Rocky films with Sylvester Stallone. What's yours? Did you even have color film back then?", Tony joked while eating up his muffin.

"I'm not that old, Stark!", Steve exclaimed in mock insult. "I always loved 'Casablanca'. It really is a classic."

"You do know that Casablanca in fact is a black-and-white movie, right...?"

"Yes... But I'm still not that old...", the blonde replied, looking down coyly, not meeting Tony's gaze that followed every single one of the soldier's movements. He didn't know why, but somehow Tony was fascinated by the taller man. He seemed so different than all the other people he knew. So noble-minded and pure but still light-hearted and sometimes even playful if someone just brought him out of his shell. He took a sip from his cup as Steve's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"How about we head home now, Stark? It's already 9:30 and I need to bring you back before 10 o'clock.", the blonde spoke, drinking the last bit of his coffee.

"You are NOT being serious right now.", Tony exclaimed, glaring at the soldier.

"I am very serious. I took you out for coffee and I am going to take you back before 10 o'clock."

"I'm older than you!", Tony shouted. "Well, at least if you only count years you weren't frozen. And I literally live only one door away from you. In the big tower with the big, glowing 'Avengers' sign on it! For fuck's sake, you are the great Captain America and I'm the Invincible Iron Man and we need to be back before 10 o'clock???"

"Stop complaining and drink up your coffee.", Steve commanded, placing a 20 $ bill at the table and taking his jacket from the wardrobe.

"I can't even... I literally can't even... No seriously, I'm speechless.", the brunette mumbled, getting up and walking through the door the soldier held open. The whole way back he again and again found himself glancing over at the taller man beside him, his mind not being able to decide whether it felt amused, confused or fascinated.

"See, going back wasn't even that bad and we are here perfectly on time.", Steve finally spoke as the elevator on Avenger's Tower reached their floor.

"That's because the café is only 5 minutes from here, blondie.", Tony replied in a sarcastic tone. "I still can't believe you really did this. Anyhow, talking with you was very nice today... Maybe we can repeat this anytime soon?"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Next week, same day, same café?", the blonde asked before turning to the left where his room was.

"Count me in. Good night, Steve.", Tony spoke before opening the door to his room, already feeling tired again.

"Good night, Tony. I hope you can sleep well."