Chapter Two

Hermione's Pov

After dinner, Ginny and I decide to go up to our room for some well deserved girl time. We both change out of our day clothes and get comfortable.

"So, has anyone caught your eye 'Mione?" she asks

"Actually, yes, someone has" I answer truthfully

"Who is it? Is it one of my brothers?"

My face flushes when she asks this "W- what in the world makes you think that?" I stutter

"Oh my gosh! You do! Which one!? Please tell me it's not Percy, choose any one but that git"

"Calm down Gin, it's not Percy" I reassure her

She lets out a sigh of relief "Is it Ron?" she asks

"Oh Merlin no!"

"Then who is it? If it's not Ron, and its not Percy then who- Oh my god! It's one of the twins isn't it!" she says excitedly

My face turns an even deeper shade of red and I give her a small nod

"Which one!?" she asks "I happen to know that one of them has had a huge crush on you for a while now," she adds

"Really?" I ask

"Really" she answers "Now spill it, which one do you like!?"

"Fred" I say in a barely audible voice

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Can you say that again?"

"Fred. I like Fred" I say in defeat, before she can say anything else I add "Now can you please tell me which one likes me?"

"Well you're in luck 'Mione because it just-so-happens that Fred has had a crush on you for like forever! Do you remember in your second year when you where petrified? Well, he barely ever left your side, only when he was forced to go to class, or god forbid he had to eat or shower, it was pathetic actually" She explained

I need a bit of time to process all of this new information so I say "Hey Gin, how about I go downstairs and ask your mum if she can make us some hot cocoa?" she nods eagerly and I take this as my cue to leave. But as I get to the top of the stairs I feel something, or someone, crash into me, making both of us fall. I look up to see Fred's baby blue eyes staring down at me, I get lost in his eyes for a couple seconds until I realize the position we are in, him laying on top of me, I instantly start blushing and I see his face and ears go red. He jumps up and offers me his hand, I accept and he proceeds to pull me to my feet. He mumbles something that I interpret as an apology and then goes to his room. My hand still feels warm where he held it. Man, I've got it bad for him. I shake it off for now, i'm on a mission! I retrieve the hot chocolate for me and Ginny and head up to our room. She thanks me and we sit in a comfortable silence as we drink our cocoa, this goes on for a few more minutes until we are both finished. Ginny offers to take the dishes downstairs, I nod and tell her that i'm going to bed and ask her to turn the light off on her way out. I fall asleep thinking of his eyes a small smile on my lips.