Chapter 11

This is the day after their lunch date. I didn't bother writing about it because I'm too lazy lol. Idea comes from 1DsFallen_Angel :) thank you for the fabulous ideas! I really appreciate it! xx

*Emma's POV*

I leaned against the counter, scrolling through my unread texts. I've only been at work for two hours and I already have five texts and two missed calls from Zayn. I got called to work a day earlier than scheduled, since somebody got sick. Once again, I'm managing the coffee shop by myself.

'From: Zayn Malik

Heeeeyyyy wyd today? xx'

'From: Zayn Malik

Are u still asleep? Wake uppp. xx'

'From: Zayn Malik

GOOD MORNING.'

'From: Zayn Malik

Why aren't you answering ur phone. I called you twice. Emma answer me!!!'

'From: Zayn Malik

EMMA DANIELLE LEVINE CALL ME BACK NOW.'

I rolled my eyes and called him back. He answered on the second ring.

"It's about time you called me back!" He exclaimed into the phone.

"I got called into work! Gosh, kill me." I shot back.

"You could've informed me." He said back.

"It's like, nine in the morning. You know I'm not usually awake by this time. So why would you expect me to be awake, Zayn?" I reminded him.

"You always answer your phone when you're asleep and it rings." He told me. The bell at the door rang, signaling somebody came in.

"Zayn, I have to go. I have a-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw an idiot standing at the counter. "Josh, what do you want?" I snapped, forgetting that Zayn was on the phone.

"I can come get coffee if I want it." He snapped rudely.

"Yeah, I have to go, Zayn." I said, returning to my conversation.

"Is that the guy from the coffee shop the other day?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, now goodbye. I'll talk to you later." I said, quickly hanging up. "What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"One more night." He stated.

"How about no." I scoffed. We had drunk sex one time. From what I remember, he wasn't even that good in bed. "Now you can get the hell out of here."

"Oh, is your little bitch of a boyfriend gonna make me leave?" Josh asked in amusement.

"Will you fuck off already?!" I screamed in exasperation. He walked around the counter, to where I was standing.

"One more night." He growled.

"I'm not a fucking prostitute, Josh! Even if I were, you couldn't pay me enough to sleep with you." I spat angrily.

"Bitch, you're gonna regret saying that." He said as he attempted to grab me. I reached for the coffee pot on my left and threw the remaining liquid at him. I prayed that it was hot coffee.

Of course, it wasn't hot. It was cold. That only seemed to make him angrier. He threw a punch at me, but I ducked at the last second. When I stood back up, I ended up on the floor when his fist came in contact with my stomach. I held my abdomen in pain and attempted to get back up. He pushed me back down on the ground.

"Yeah, who the fuck is in charge now, slut? Where's your fucking boyfriend?! He's not here to save you now!" He yelled, bending over and slapping me across the face. I took this opportunity to kick him in the groin. He moaned in pain, but stayed on his feet.