Traveling Back

'There she is,' the Doctor quickly exclaims changing the subject as he gives a subtle wave to Doreen. Doreen greets them with a series of woofs and ruffs that the Doctor returns in kind. Clara is tickled by the exchange 'Oh, yeah right. Sentimental value,' the Doctor checks his pockets and they are empty. He reaches up to his bowtie and he just holds his hand on it while a single tear escapes from his eye. Clara looks at the Doctor and the sacrifice he is going to make for her.

'No, wait,' as she takes off one of her rings 'My dad gave this to me.' The Doctor shakes his head no.

'You shouldn't have to do that again Clara,' the Doctor interjects. Clara has given up so much for him. Her mother's ring, the leaf that brought her into this world, her life on so many occasions, and the thing that no person should ever have to sacrifice the person that they love.

'It's okay I can get another one,' Clara assures him. Clara is interrupted by Doreen barking.

'Really? Oh, Doreen you are brilliant,' the Doctor exclaims 'I mean row row woof woof.' The Doctor looks excitedly at Clara 'Doreen says not to worry about it! The ride is on her!' Clara tries to bark her thanks to Doreen. 'So? Who wants to drive,' the Doctor shyly grins at Clara.

'I think you should because it looks like you want to,' Clara says teasing the Doctor.

'Well, I won't argue,' the Doctor hops on the scooter faster than Clara can imagine, 'hop on!' Clara quickly hops on the back of the scooter wrapping her arms around the Doctor's waist. He looks back remembering the Triumph motorbike he gave her after defeating the Zygons and saving Gallifrey. 'Do you still have the Triumph antigrav motorbike I gave you,' the Doctor asked. He knew the answer no one in their right mind would give up a motorbike that could climb walls.

'Of course,' Clara confirmed.

'I love that bike,' he answered while putting the scooter in gear 'ready?' Clara placed her head on his shoulders alerting him that she was ready. 'Wermp, Wermp,' the Doctor made the sound of the scooter. Clara can't contain her laughter and he chuckled just a bit. This was a welcome relief for Clara that her Doctor still had the ability to laugh. 'Here we go! Ger....,' he stops himself mid sentence.

'Geronimo,' Clara finished the word for him.

'Yeah, that,' the Doctor looks back momentarily at Clara and her sadness made him sad. Clara saw his look and held on tighter.

'You know something?'

'What,' the Doctor asked clueless.

'I missed you,' she spoke softly into his ear.