Old Girl

'Oh, Doctor I will travel with you wherever and whenever you need me and Doctor I will never judge you,' Clara replies which surprises the Doctor. The Doctor lets out an audible sigh of relief. He motions Clara and they begin to walk slowly to his TARDIS. The outside is beaten up and a dull blue, the St. John's Ambulance logo is barely legible. The TARDIS had seen another Time War and it shows.

'Well, here she is! She is getting on a bit. I do the best I can for her,' the Doctor explains as he unlocks the door to the TARDIS. Inside is a completely new design. The Roundels are back and walk ways zig zag through the entire console room. A bright light emanates throughout the time rotor expanding up and down pulsating with each movement of the mechanism.

Clara is amazed with the new console room and the only words out of her mouth were 'wow, and it's beautiful.' She runs up the walkway to the console and gently runs her hand along the length of the console. 'It's very abstract Doctor and it has the round things!'

'I love the round things,' the Doctor says as a small grin creeps across his face. 'So, then where would you like to go?'

'Anywhere with you! Take me someplace you visited when you were on your own,' Clara wants to see if there was any place he visited in the last 800 years that could possibly prove to the Doctor that he was still a force for good.

'Ok dear, where are we off to,' the Doctor gently caresses the console of the TARDIS as he talks to her. He walks around the console typing the coordinates into the input keyboard then he turns fluidly to the dematerialization lever flipping it in a calm and deliberate manner. Clara can't get over his gracefulness but a large part of her misses his enthusiasm. 'Here we go hang on,' the Doctor says as the TARDIS starts to dematerialize. Clara hangs on expecting the usual bumping around in the time vortex but it wasn't like that with the exception of the landing she was as smooth as butter. When the TARDIS did land it knocked her off of her balance. The Doctor caught her in one smooth motion and it unsettled her. Normally, he couldn't walk in a straight line or avoid running into a tree! The Doctor takes a glance at the scanner and talks to the TARDIS lovingly. 'You always take me where I need to go old girl.'