Akhaten

'Okay then, Doctor where are we?' Clara is excited with the thoughts of feeling a new planet beneath her feet.

'How about I show you. Come on,' he motions as he walks out the door. As they step out of the TARDIS they are back to a very familiar place. The planet of Akhaten. 'Remember this place?'

'Oh, Doctor our very first trip. How could I forget!'

'Even though the old god is gone they still sing,' the Doctor explains while looking at his watch. 'thanks old girl,' he whispers as he looks at the TARDIS 'and that would be today!'

'Is Merry still here?'

'I'm sure of it. Although, she is quite a bit older now.'

'I would expect so,' Clara is distracted by all of the new aliens.

'Look a necromancer,' the Doctor aimlessly points. I think Doreen is still here too,' the Doctor subtly points to Doreen's scooter rental place. Clara is excited to meet someone she met here before. But, she is confused with the Doctor's answer when she asks to meet her again.

'You can,' is all he said as he walked a few steps behind Clara looking primarily at the ground. Clara doesn't quite understand the Doctor's reluctance at everything. She decides to drop it for now and ask him a question that wouldn't spark up more pain.

'Should we get seats for the program,' Clara asks but the Doctor is lost in thought his mind is flooded with past memories of this place. 'Uh, Doctor,' Clara tries again to get his attention he looks up shaking his head yes. Clara knows it is more than that so she tries to get it out of him. 'What's wrong,' she asks in a tender voice.

'There are just so many memories of this place. How I tried to feed my memories to the old god. How that made me feel when I said "take my memories", his voice trailed off again. Clara looks at her Doctor with sadness and she reaches her hand out to him. He looks at it timidly as if he wanted to but something was holding him back. When Clara notices this hesitation she puts her hand in his to let him know that it was going to be ok. How is another question for another time she thought to herself.

'It's okay,' she finally had to say to him.

'It's... it's been so long since I've held someone's hand,' he mumbled. Clara's heart broke for her sad lonely Doctor. Oh, why did he let himself get to this place Clara thought again he knows he shouldn't travel alone. Before too long they arrive at the auditorium where they had watched the performance of The Long Song which even to Clara seemed like an eternity ago. '