Chapter 1 - Neighbors

I was born 22nd of January 1993 in Sioux City, Iowa. When I was 4 years old my parents decided to move to California because of better job offers. Moving wasn't that big of a deal for me, because I was obviously young, so I didn't quite understand what was happening. I was just this happy little kid who was super excited for the long trip on the road.

All our things were packed and 1 664 miles later we finally arrived in California. I've actually a quite good memory and remembered how welcoming our neighbors were and how good friends we became. I specifically remembered meeting this boy named Kian Lawley.

The new neighbors walk up to our house

"Welcome to the neighborhood We're the Lawley's!" Kian's mom said.

"Thank you we're the Abila's!" my dad said.

I remembered how Kian was just standing behind his mom and peaking his head through her legs. Kian's mom tried to make him say hi, but didn't get any response, he was too shy. But then there's me. The little girl who was quite curious and with a lot of energy. I just walked up to him and said hi my self, but all I heard from him was this little squeak and seeing him holding his mom even tighter.

"Kian, this little girl is saying hi to you. What's you name sweety?"

"Lilly!" I said while giggling.

"What an adorable name. Kian, don't you want to be nice and say hi to Lilly?"

It took some minutes before Kian finally peaked his head out. While having his eyes glued down on the ground he softly said

"hhhi..."

I didn't understand why he was so shy, I just wanted to play. It took a while before Kian came out of his shell, but we grew on each other. Despite being two years older than Kian, we became quite good friends. We spent a whole lot of time together and we were inseparable.