For You

"Well hello students, Bienvenido a español tres!", The teacher said. I'd managed to sneak myself into the class through the back door to avoid any embarrassment, and was now sitting in a small seat near the door. "Today, were all gonna introduce ourselves for my name learning purposes and then I want you all to break up with a partner to begin your intro project.", she said as everyone moaned and groaned. She ran through the list of tragic familiar names but then... "Shawn Mendes?" "Presente!" My head jumped up to see a raised hand in the middle of the classroom, the center of hell. I wanted to work with him but I refused to move into the mix of them. "Nash? Nash Grier, I must've forgotten you", she asked out. "Aquí", I said softly from the back corner and everyone turned back, looking at me, glaring, judging me. "OK clase!", she said snapping back their attention. "Time to get with your partners, I want one paragraph about your summer and one about your goals for this year!"

Comiencen!

As soon as she turned around, half the girls in the class jumped up and ran to Shawn's side. He turned towards me and shrugged, mouthing "sorry". I guess I was alone on this one.

I didn't really wanna explain my horrible summer, and my goals for this year were basically "eat at least 5 times a week and stay out the hospital", so really this project was a total bust, and I decided to do the one thing I do best: lie. Halfway into writing about my amazing summer filled with traveling and fancy dinners, I felt a hand tap my shoulder. "Hey, um, Morrison says we all have to have a partner so...", he said. I looked up to see Cameron standing above me, my heart dropped. I didn't even know he was apart of this class, or even the school, I hadn't seen him in almost an entire year. "Uh, yeah", I said trying not to acknowledge him as much as I wanted to. Emotions were running ramped in my mind and I just didn't know what to do. "So, do you know what to do?", he asked pulling a seat up next to me. "Yeah you just use the preterite for last summer and then future tense for the second one", I said as bland as I could. "So how was yours, your, uh, summer?", he asked. "Well you know, constant beatings from my mom, fired from my job for constantly being in too much pain to come in, eating maybe 3 or 4 times a week, just the usual stuff", I thought. "Um cool, I just stayed at home a lot", I replied, not even looking up. "Typical Nash", he said laughing and fake punching me. I didn't look up from my work and after a while, I could tell from the corner of my eye that he had hung his head in sadness.

"So what about thi-"

"You know we don't have to speak right!? Just because we're partners doesn't mean we have to talk! Ok? Gosh", I snapped trying my best to not get loud.

"Why are you mad at me? Its been a year since we've seen each other, I thought-"

"You thought what? That over time I'd forget everything that you and your stupid friends have done to me?", I whisper yelled.

"Well yeah, I guess"

"Well you guessed wrong! I can't Cameron, I'm sorry, I love you but I just can't! It's just too much drama and too much stress, i'm sorry but I cant take it anymore. Just leave me the fuck alone!"

"What? You still love me?"

Unfortunately... Yes