A groan sounds in the auditorium from a few students all around, and I'm immediately pissed that someone thinks a cancelled event for something like this is even a problem. Murie grabs my hand, and I look at her. She slowly shakes her head, and I realize I'm huffing my breaths like I'm about to kill some of them. I think about what I could do to them if I had my strength and speed or teleportation from being a true vampire, or even shapeshifting so I could turn into a large animal and maul them down. But Murie's concerned eyes and slow nodding makes me calm down again.

"This includes the catered lunch from Lennud's and the potions workshop as well as all office hours, review sessions, and tutoring with any professors who," Vicemaster York continues, "Will let you know of reschedulings."

He sighs and stays quiet for a minute just like Headmaster Grundel did. A few students cough, and a couple creaking sounds from the seats make noise. Vicemaster York rubs his eyes and begins again in a softer voice, "This... this is a very regrettable incident, but what is already done cannot be undone without immense effort. If any," he emphasizes it and looks around the auditorium, "of you need to talk to someone, anyone, all of the administrators and professors are here. Even the staff will be glad to hear your thoughts if you need to get them out. If any of you ever feel like you have no one to talk to, please remember that we-"

He pauses again, this time to lower himself from the levitation spell and stand beside the podium. "Please remember that I am here to lend an ear whenever you may need it. All you need to do is open your mouth and speak your mind," he finishes with a smile that doesn't reach the rest of his face.

Headmaster Grundel's booming voice lets us know that we are free to go, but it takes a few seconds for anyone to move. Then it's the usual stampede to the exits, even if it is a little bit quieter this time.

Murie and I don't wait for anyone on our way out. We walk back through the hallways past the library and the towers where the Wyvern dorms are. Then we walk past the smooth stone walls that slowly fill with cracks and moss until we're at the Ketu classrooms. The door to Magical Remedies is sealed with magic and made to look like a window, but we don't bother looking in its direction when we pass by.

When we get to the Ketu common room, Murie starts to walk towards our rooms, but I stop. She looks at me a little confused, but I shake my head and say, "I need to go for a walk."

"Want me to come with you?" she asks, but I shake my head no. She doesn't argue and gives me a squeeze on my hand before going to her room.

I turn around and head back the way we came. I can't be alone in my room right now because I don't know what I will end up thinking about, and I can't be with Murie because we won't talk and it would be the same thing. Staying in the common room only reminds me of the party and Rex's freak out, and being anywhere near our classrooms brings back images of how I found Rex.

So I go to the courtyard. I figure the fresh air will help me breathe, and the other students will distract me long enough for everything to go back to normal. And for me to wake up from this nightmare, but it isn't a nightmare, I remind myself. It's actually happening this time.

I make it halfway to the North Lawn when I hear a voice calling my name.

"Ivy!" Harriet says while running up to me from the across the yard. She's the last person I want to see right now. It's hard enough dealing with everything else, but I can't get suspended over another fight with her. I force myself to stay calm because I have more important things to worry about other than her right now.

"Ivy, is it true?" she asks trying to catch her breath in between her words, "Is it Rex?"

I don't know what to say at first. Headmaster Grundel just told us to keep it to ourselves, and I really don't want her of all people to talk to me about Rex. She wasn't even with him anymore, so I don't feel like answering. But a part of me feels like she deserves to know.