“Tabby?” I snap out of it at the sound of my name.

            “Oh, sorry dear! I zone out sometimes.” I pull at my hair. “It’s all of this hair, you know? The roots just tickle my brain and I get so easily side tracked.” I grin.

            “I see…” Her voice is wary, and she looks at me as if I am short a few screws.

            Can’t really blame the girl.

            “So are they mates?” She presses.

            “Yup.” I pop the ‘p’ at the end. “Newly initiated mates.”

            “So why does he keep calling here?”

            Damn, why is she asking me so many questions!

            “Uh, because she must have her cell phone off… or she is sleeping. Probably sleeping.” I nod. “You know how antsy new mates are!” I wave my hand dismissively.

            “Right.” She says. “Makes sense.”

            “Well, enough of our pitter pattering let us get back to the art of flower making!” I enthusiastically say, and right before I turn around to my workstation I don’t miss her rolling her eyes at me.

            The afternoon comes and goes quickly, and just as I am finishing the last order of the day, the damned phone rings again. I quickly pick it up after the first ring.

            “Perky Petals, Tabby speaking. How can I be of service to your floral needs?” I say over- enthusiastically. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is how I roll. I’m perky and sarcastic.

            “Uh, hi… Tabby.” A male voice returns my greeting.

            “Are you calling to place an order, dear?” I ask, anxious to get home.

            “Actually… no.”

            “What can I help you with then?”

            “I was wondering if Evaline is there?”

            I shake my head.

            “No, she is not in today. May I ask who is calling?” Even though I already know.

            “It’s Ethan. I can’t get a hold of her… and I have got this terrible feeling.” His voice sounds desperate.

            You have got a terrible feeling because she is with Ross, doing unthinkable things… probably.