Eleven.

Mercedes Kelly

I walked out of the doctors office sighing out of relief. I dug in scrubs pocket for my keys and headed to my car. Today the office full as hell because people were coming in and out getting checkups for HIV, AIDS and other diseases. I was glad to be finally off because I was exhausted.

Before I went home I stopped to get something to eat. I changed out of my work scrubs into a grey tank top and shorts before grabbing my kit from the closet. I picked up my rolled blunt and lit in placing it between my lips.

I exhaled while dancing to the music in my head. Weed relaxes me.

"Whatchu doing sister?" Aaliyah asked bursting in my bedroom while I looked up then started on my mannequin.

"Practicing on my mannequin." I turned the doll around to show her before she nodded.

I had mannequin dolls because I love to practice my makeup skills on them. I've always dreamed of being a makeup artist and owning a clothing line so I've been doing this daily or whenever I had a lot on my mind.

"Damn girl you slayed the fuck outta this. Why don't you work at a makeup shop in the mall?" She asked surprised looking at the art on the doll taking a seat on the bed.

"I want my own makeup store and plus I love my job as a nurse."

"I couldn't do that shit everyday hmm hmm." She shook her head, "Could catch Ebola or something."

"Shut up girl none of them patients have Ebola. I only do checkups like draw blood and take blood pressures and all that other shit." I sat wiping the makeup off and picking out another color.

"Oh that's easy, I could do that. Y'all niggas hiring?"

"I can't with you." I laughed as she shook her head giggling also.

She waved me off before pulling out her vibrating phone. I looked up as she began giggling and covering her mouth from blushing. I crawled down to where she sat and looked at her phone.

"What we laughing at?" I said making her push me from by her.

"Get your nosey ass on." She replied before turning back to me, "That was Jarvis."

"Y'all cute." I smirked while she started laughing.

"It ain't nothing like that. We're just friends for right now." She assured me.

"Y'all still cute." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about something." She said making me nod and continue.

"Alyssa wanted me to come to her little party I don't know what about but I wanted to ask you first you know because.." My sister trailed off and I raised my eyebrows.

"I thank you for telling me that but she was your friend first and I don't care. You're the big sister, do whatchu want." I shrugged my shoulders.

Alyssa and Aaliyah were friends first when they were teenagers. We started hanging out more and more then became best friends.

"I'm just going to see what she's having a party about. It's not her birthday or anything so I bet it's something stupid."