Chapter 3~

The next morning, I checked my Facebook inbox, no new messages. Jacob and Jason weren't online, so I logged off and went downstairs. My oldest brother Robert was sitting on the couch with his wife Melissa.

"Morning Megan. Did you sleep well?" Melissa asked me touching her pregnant belly. I made some coffee and sat down with them.

"Not really." I said sipping it.

"Why not hon?" Melissa is the sweetest sister in law you could have. She is so caring and I was so glad she was going to be the mother of my future niece/nephew. My parents weren't home, and Kevin and my other brother Mike were sleeping in as usual. Kevin is a year older than me, and Mike is, um Jason's age. 

If it was anyone I could talk to, it was Melissa and Robert. They understood me more than anyone. Well, anyone other than Jake. But he's pissed at me, remember? So I told them the story and they nodded and listened. At the end Melissa said,

"Aw honey,  He's your best friend! He was just being protective of you, thats all. I think you guys need to talk it out, and Jason is such a sweet guy. I don't think he would do that, he must've been drunk" and I hugged her. Melissa can always make me feel better.

                                                                           *******

I drove to Jake's house and I saw that both Jake and Jace were home. Great, gotta face them both. I frowned and rang the doorbell. Jake's younger sister Laura opened the door. Her face got brighter as she saw me and she gave me a hug.

"Hey Laura!" And she let go. She looks up to me like an older sister.

"Hey Megan! Jake's upstairs, and Jason's sitll sleeping, as usual. Whats up?"

"Nothing, I wanted to see Jake thats all."  She motioned upstairs and went to the kitchen to grab sodas.

I went upstairs and Jake's room was slightly ajar. I lightly pushed it open.

"Jake." he turned and looked at me.

"Hey"

"Hey. Uhm lets talk" I think he agreed with it because he shut the door and I sat on a bean bag chair.

"Listen, I'm sorry for blowing up yesterday. I don't know what happened. The way he was taking advantage of you yesterday, it...it bothered me." My heart sank. Melissa was right. He WAS trying to protect me.

"Hey, its okay. I was drunk, and..and I think I might like Jason, you know, just a little" Jake looked uncomfortable, and he quickly changed his expression to something else. Doubt.

"Thats fair. But you know he's a jerk" A jerk? I didn't think that was true. I mean, he's dated so many girls before, and I was pretty sure he wasnt 100% virgo. At times, Jake seemed a lot more decent compared to Jace. No big deal, right?

"Well, I don't know..I mean he doesn't see me the same way, and-"

"Hey Meg" I turned around and to my (not so much) surprise, Jason was standing there. His blonde hair was wet, like he had just came out of the shower. He was shirtless (damn) and I could see his Calvin Klein boxers peeking out of his shorts.

"Hey, um Jason" Jake suddenly looked interested in his Call of Duty Black Ops poster on the adjacent wall.

"Hey, listen, I'm really sorry about yesterday, It's such a blur, I was drunk I didn't know what I was doing so...we're cool?" His piercing blue eyes were so hypnotizing as I nodded and attempted to smile.

After Jason left, Jake and me played some Call of Duty, and some Assasin's Creed to take our minds off things. After a while I went home to pack for our trip to Miami tomorrow.

                                                                     **********

The next day, we were all ready. I picked something light and breezy to wear. A yelloe ribbed tanktop and a pair of jean shorts. I grabbed my flip flops that I got from A&F and called Jake.

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yup, were driving to your house in thirty. See you then"

My brother Mike came rushing down with my hair still wet. I guess you could say I look most like Mike. We both have dark auburn hair, and stormy grey eyes. And we both have the button nose that fits our face. But we don't get along so much as our looks do.

"Hey shrimp, heard about your unlucky bar encounter with my homie" He said, trying to sound cool.

"It was something stupid and we were both drunk retardo"

"Hey, he felt really bad about it. Though what he sees in you otherwise I don't understand." That got my attention.

"What!?" 

He laughed triumphantly."Ooh looks like someones got a crush on Jace-Wacy" he smirked.

"Mike!!" I yelled and chased him around the yard.

"Wait till I tell him today!" He yelled as he stormed to the driveway. I wanted to kill him. But was he serious about what he said earlier?

                                                                    *********

After driving for hours, we finally arrived at Miami. The entrie ride was aggravating and as soon as we arrived, I was in complete awe. Miami was beautiful. We didn't worry about blowing hundreds of dollars at Miami because my Aunt Resa lived here.

We drove to her house, and house is an understatment. It was a huge mansion with a balcony with the view of Miami beach.

As soon as we were inside her house, my cousin Janelle greeted me with open arms.

"Megan! Oh my God it's been so long! You look amazing!" She said cheerfully. Janelle is the same age as me, but she's alot more glamourous. She looked beautiful and I think Jake thought so too. She had dirty blonde hair and olive green eyes, she looked like a typical Greek girl, but she looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing a low cut t-shirt that showed off her curves, and her evidant tan. She quickly introduced herself to Jake and Jason, and her sister, Katy bounced into the room, Katy, being the same age as Laura, they bonded right away. Jake was deep in conversation with Janelle about how beautiful Miami was, but Janelle's eyes were on Jason.

"Uhm, Janelle, an orientation tour would be really great" I said breaking that moment. She put on a huge smile that revealed a dimple. She took us upstairs and showed us the rooms. Jacob and Jason had one room, Laura was in Katy's and our parents had their rooms, and I was obviously staying with Janelle. Janelle's room was about three times the size of mine, and my room was considered big. Her room had the balcony of the beach and it was sunset time. It was beautiful. I rested my head on my hand and watched the sunset and let all my problems sink through. I sighed as I washed the waves push back and forth. Somewhere in the distance, I saw two lovers holding hands walking by the shoreline and I felt a pang of jealousy.

'Beautiful, isnt it?" Janelle said behind me. I turned around and nodded.

'You're so lucky, to live in such a beautiful place" She smiled and sat down on the balcony next to me.

"No, you're lucky Megan. You've got two hotties you see practically everyday." It was my turn to smile.

"Yeah, Jake's my best friend. I mean, a lot of people mistake us for lovers, but we're nothing but  close."

"I thought you guys were dating as soon as you came in. I mean you looked so close. Great job winning the FVA you guys played amazing!" She said.

I laughed lightly, "Thanks, and nope, friends are all that we are. He's like a brother to me."

"So would you kill me if I get to know him more? He seems like a really sweet guy" I smiled in relief and winked at her.

"I'll tell him how amazing you are"  Janelle's eyes lit up. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

                                                                          **********