Robolympics! - Student Edition

Author's Intrusion (like always): When I was writing this chapter... I had an awesome idea! Read on to find out what it is (or just skip to the end and ignore this whole chapter, but I warn you... it's a good'un)!

So, Peridot wasn't the only one who got her classes changed. Emerald only has three classes with me now instead of the usual seven, woo! I mean I still have next period, technology, with him but I'm pretty sure he's gonna skip that.

"So, Peridot, what class do you have next?"

Now that Topaz is nowhere to be found, Peridot is all mine! Muhahahaha-

"Hey guys, watcha talkin' about? School? Parties? Gossip? Gossip is pretty bad. I mean I want to try out for the cheerleading team at this school and usually cheerleaders gossip but not all gossipers are cheerleaders, I mean have you seen Mean Girls?"

Peridot's nasally voice peppered my ears. "Is she still talking?"

"Yep." I whispered back.

"How do you make her leeeave?"

I dunno. If I did, do you really think she'd still be here?

"Oh. There you are, Topaz." A familiar monotone sang behind me.

"Nyah!" Peridot shouted, jumping backwards. And I thought I could be dramatic... "Crystal Clod! What do you think you're doing sneaking up on me like that?"

There she goes again... talking about claws and junk. But wow, she's actually having a spazz attack over Garnet. I thought they were good friends and coworkers and stuff. Whoa... but the way she's waving her little arms, it's actually kinda cute.

I tried stifling my giggles so nobody would have any questions. "Heh. Hm. Hee..."

"Whoa! Hi Garnet! I thought I lost you! Sorry I ran off!" Topaz started her speed-talking again. "It's just when I saw my schedule I really wanted to go watch the dissection and I had to run upstairs before-"

"It's fine." Garnet chuckled, as cool as ever. "Although I wish you would've waited, I was supposed to have that class for first period."

How can Garnet deal with this girl? She's so... hyper! Listening to her is exhausting... Unless... Topaz is in the same boat as Pearl and Amethyst...

"Ugh. I don't have time for this. I only have a minute left to get to class!" Peridot stomped down the hall.

"Oh hey, Perisister, wait for meee!" Topaz ran after Peridot and I nearly did too until Garnet spoke again.

"She actually has three." Garnet smiled.

Wait... now's my chance!

"Hey Garnet, um... are you and Topaz family like Amethyst and Pearl? And... is Peridot in this family too?"

Garnet eyed me questionably for a few seconds (at least I think she did, she's still wearing her sunglasses indoors). "Because Peridot was performing with us last night, right? Well actually... I can't stand her."

I-Is she joking?

"And no. I'm not joking."

Curse her creepy mind reading abilities!

"But Topaz isn't either. I was just showing her to her classes since she's new. I was the Student Body President last year and until the next election, I have to do random tasks like these..."