Introductions

You knock on the door, clenching your fist tight in a nervous ball. It's your first job out of college and you can't even imagine starting to do anything outside of a classroom. You've been in grad school studying chemistry for the past six years and were the only one to come out of there without a big fancy research job. Truth is, you didn't want one. You were too scared of your own success.
Moments later, a teenage girl answers the door, her phone wedged between her ear and her shoulder "Hold on a sec." She says to the person on the other side. "Are you Rick's man?"
You're startled at the phrasing this girl has chosen. "Lab assistant, yes."
"Come in. He's in the garage."
She leads you across the house where a blonde woman and middle aged man give you a strained polite smile from the living room. They must be this girl's parents. You start to wonder what Rick's relation is to them. You had only communicated through email- very convoluted emails filled with nonsense run-on sentences- so you had no idea what the man looked like. He could be this girl's brother; a young prodigy, for all you know.
"Here we are." The girl swings the door open and inside you find a young teenaged boy with cropped brown hair and a gruff, blue-haired old man with a standard lab coat. Surrounding them are countless inventions, things you've never seen before, maybe only in theories or blueprints; never in real life.
"Don't t-touch that Mo-eughh-Morty, it'll-" He stops as he notices you at the door and a wide grin spreads on his face.
"Nice to finally meet you in person, Rick." You outstretch your hand and he grabs it ardently.
"This he-ARRP-here, Morty, is my professional man slave. You'll always find these straight-legged h-hipster boys right out of gra-eughh-grad school. Easy to manipulate, Morty. Ask 'em to do half your work, the-they'll do it."
You stand in shock, adjusting your glasses nervously. "Ah-"
"You want me to call you my l-lab assistant? Or something? You want to play it that way? You came out of gra-grad school and you're working as my slightly more intelligent Morty. I wo-wouldnt waste time with formalities."
You manage an "alright" and he turns back to his work.
"I-I thought I was your lab assistant, Rick!" Morty croaks through a plethora of voice cracks. "Wha-wh-what's this about anyway?"
"Relax, Morty. I just p-pay this guy to do all th-eughhhh-the boring, time-consuming stuff, so we can go on more adventures."
"Adventures?" You inquire shyly.
"Yeah, adventures. You ha-have any of those in grad school, pretty boy?"
You curse your pale complexion as scarlet visibly flushes to your cheeks. Rick notices and a change comes over his face, one you can't quite decipher, but a change all the same.
"What?" He barks.
"No, nothing."
He rummages through a few papers on his desk and hands you a handmade booklet with lists of instructions and blueprints. "Here, can you build this by tonight?"
"Ah, well I have some experience in engineering. My strength is chemistry-"
"Can you build it by tonight?" He looks you squarely in the eyes, staring right through you, and just as you're about to answer, you notice a little smirk form at the corner of his mouth. His eyelids are heavy and he's leaning toward you. This man is flirting with you.
"Yeah," You mutter. "I think so."
"I-eughhh-impress me."