Diner Girl Chapter 11

I look around his back yard it’s the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

He has hung lights everywhere. In the trees, he even hung some up between the trees. There are rose petals everywhere. There’s a blanket, with a picnic basket on it with food spread out on the blanket. In a vase there are tulips. I gasp and look at him.

“How did you know about-”

“The tulips”? he asks looking a little nervous.

I nod and he answers, “I asked your mom and she told me.”

“Wow” I breath out, surveying my surroundings again.

“Wh-What”? he asks, “Is it-” 

“It‘s beautiful.” I say cutting him off.

He sighs with relief. “I was hoping you would think that.”

“You doubted”? I ask. I mean, this place is beautiful, with the lights, tulips and rose petals and the picnic.

“Well, yeah. I wanted to impress you.”

I smile. “You did.”

He returns my smile. “Lets eat.”

He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the blanket.

We sit down and I look at all the food.

There is a salad, fresh homemade bread, pasta, and there is, of course, dessert, which I have no clue what it is since it‘s still in the basket.

After we eat the salad, pasta and bread he tells me its time for dessert.

“Ok close you eyes and open your mouth.” he says

I shoot him a wary look.

“Just trust me”

I close my eyes and open my mouth. I feel something cool and smooth against my lips. “Bite” he says softly.

I bite into a chocolate covered strawberry. And it is so good. I open my eyes and look at him after I swallow to see him eat what was left of the strawberry. I blush and bite my lip.

He picks up another one and bites off half of it, giving me the rest. I smile and take it.

“Thank you. This has been the best day of my life.”

“Good I‘m glad.” he says smiling and he moves his hand into the basket and pulls out, éclairs!

“I love those”! I say excited. 

“I know.” he says laughing.