Chapter 2

A/N: Soooo here is chapter two. Things are getting interesting....! ENJOY!

Blythes POV

Blythe couldn't stop thinking about her new neighbor. She sat in her kitchen staring at the beautiful gift basket he had brought for her. Benedict Cumberbatch was her next door neighbor. Her stomach filled with butterflies. She had never really noticed how handsome he was until he showed up at her front door holding a gift basket. It was the first time since she'd left home three months ago on her 18th birthday and moved across the pond to London that she had considered actually letting someone into her flat. But she'd panicked and at the last second, she'd bid him farewell. She could tell he was confused and maybe a little bit interested in her. But she knew she had to be careful. She would have to avoid him at all costs. Getting to know someone as famous as him would kind of go against the whole keeping a low profile thing she was trying to do. Her life in Florida had been hard. She had been counting down the days until she turned 18 and could finally escape, and she'd never looked back since that day.

She shook the dark thoughts from her head again and tried to forget her famous neighbor.

Benedicts POV

Moving and unpacking took up most of Benedict's time over the next few days and he was so busy he hadn't been able to give his mysterious neighbor much thought. That is, until, he ran into her on their street.

He was coming out of his house at the same time she was coming out of her's.

"Blythe!" he called. She jumped and turned towards the sound of his voice, looking startled.

"You startled me," she said, placing a hand over her heart nervously.

"I am so sorry, that was not my intention," Benedict replied kindly. "Where are you off to?"

"Work," Blythe replied.

"Where do you work?" he asked.

"In a cafe," she answered.

"Excellent, I was in the mood for a coffee! Allow me to escort you!"

She seemed uncomfortable but she let me walk alongside her anyways. They walked in silence down the street.

"What brings you to London?" Benedict asked.

"This lovely weather," she joked. Her sense of humor surprised and delighted him.

"Ah, yes," Ben replied, inhaling deeply. "Lovely weather this time of year." Blythe glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and he winked. She felt a warm tingly feeling in her belly.

"Well, this is me," Blythe said. "I mean, this is where I work."

"Allow me," Benedict said, reaching out and pulling the door to the cafe open. He wanted to show her that he was an English gentleman and make her feel more at ease around him.

"Well, have a seat and I will bring you a coffee," she said, gesturing to an empty table. He watched her round the counter and tie on an apron with the cafe's logo on the chest.

"A flat white," he called to her and she nodded, signalling that she had heard him.

After a few moments she brought a steaming cup over to him and set it on the table.

"It's on the house," she said, smiling shyly. It was the first smile he'd seen her smile and he hoped it would be far from the last. And yet, it disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared.

"Thank you very much," he said earnestly. He sat and sipped his coffee as he watched her work. She had a quiet way about her but the customers seemed to like her. He finished his coffee and headed towards the counter. She was standing behind it and he leaned over to speak to her.