Chapter 10

"What do you mean Dark Magic?" Hermione asked, looking at Dans wounds closely.

"I mean, 'pew pew' dark magic." Draco replied, with a stern look on his face. Hermione threw him a dangerous look, to which he left the room.

the older Granger looked up at her daughter and whimpered.

"But, dark magic...? Why my husband? Why my Dan?" Silent tears fell from her face, and Hermione, with a distant look in her eye, wiped them away.

"Mum, we have to go." She said, looking behind her, where Draco had re-entered the room, looking slightly cautious. Jean only nodded and let the two leave, before collapsing into a chair and crying.

The two left for the Ministry of Magic so the officials could search for someone that had used powerful dark spells in the last 48 hours.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

They had left after only 10 minutes and gone out, Draco believing that Hermione needed something to take her mind off things. They were in a muggle restaurant called McDonalds.

"So, what happened with you and Weasel and Scarface?" Draco asked. He'd been wanting to ask this question for what seemed like years, and finally his curiosity had got to him.

"Ron and I kissed on the night of the Battle. But after we found out Fred had died, he just couldn't look me in the eye. Fred had died for me. And as for Harry, he hated me as well. So now  all the Weasleys hate me." Hermione was glad to finally glad to get it all off her chest, she'd been meaning to tell Draco for ages.

Draco took it all in, before looking Hermione straight in the eyes.

"YOU KISSED WEASLEY?!" He screamed, enraged. The few customers surrounding them looked on at Draco with disgust at his sudden out burst. Hermione sighed before looking at him.

"You have to remember that I once loved Ron. But now its just yo-"

"Don't give me that shit. You probably made up that story-" he was cut short by a man stood behind him.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Granger."

The two stopped arguing, and looked up at the new guest, a tall, pale thin man, who looked about twenty.

"My name is Derek. I hear you filed an investigation for the users of Dark magic in the last 48 ho-" 

Beep beep beep.

Hermione took out her phone and answered the call.

"Mia!" came the distressed voice of her mother. "its your father.... hes.. d-dy-in-g."

Hermiohe hadn't even replied and before she knew it she had grabbed Draco by the arm and apparrated out the restaurant. Derek sighed, and memory wiped the crowd before walking out the room, down an alley and apparating himself to the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad!" Hermione screamed as she saw her father on his death bed. Draco just looked on with a grim expression. Dan was nearing his death, the beeps on his heart monitor fading with each pulse. Both Grangers were hugging across the males body.

And then the beeping stopped.

It was then that Derek spoke up, but only to Draco quietly in the corner.

" we have the results," he said in a low whisper. "Our main suspect is," he paused and looked over at the grangers whom were both looking at him intently, wanting to know whod ripped apart their family.

"Lucius Malfoy"

Okay so this is December 1st advent. :)

is it bad that i'm listening to Christmas songs whilst writing this?