The Odds Are Against Her

“Sofia,” a voice whispered

, she felt his lips on her forehead, “Wake up, babe, I brought you some food.”

Sofia’s eyes fluttered open, and she looked up to see Harry smiling down at her.

“Morning baby,” he whispered, kissing her on the lips, “Today’s the big day.”

“They’re finally letting me out of this place!” Sofia said, remembering that she was able to go home today. She sat up in bed, noticing that Louis and Zayn were also there.

“Hi boys,” she greeted, “How’s your arm Lou?”

“Great, was back in the ring yesterday,” Louis said, “Better then ever, so be careful.”

“Here’s your breakfast,” Harry said, laying it out on the tray in front of her, “The doctor should be in in a few minutes, so eat up.”

“Yes dad,” Sofia said, rolling her eyes. Harry had been on top of her diet and exercise over the last 3 weeks. Sofia had been stuck in the hospital for a month. It took her about a week to come off the ventilator and breathe on her own. Then she fought off a small infection from the bullet wound. But, now, she was healthy and ready to go home.

“I can’t wait for you to see the new place,” Louis said, “It’s huge!”

Sofia smiled. Liam had come in about 2 weeks ago saying that he sold their parents house. He bought a large manor even farther outside of town, and it was big enough to hold them all. Danielle wanted some place safer, and it was agreed with the baby, they needed a bigger place if they were all going to continue to live together.

“How does it go again?” Sofia asked, as she bit into her egg, “The living arrangements, I mean?”

“Well, Danielle and Liam and Davey are in the main house,” Louis said, “Of course. And so are Niall and Ella, Dani didn’t want to get outside help for the baby, and Ella is a big help.”

“You can be in the main house too,” Zayn said, “But there’s maids courters that Harry has taken over, it’s like a small apartment just for you guys on one side of the house.”

“You’ll love it,” Harry said, from his seat beside her bed, “I have it all ready for you to come home.”

“And then what about you two?” Sofia asked

“Emily and I are in the guest house,” Zayn said, “It’s right outside by the pool. It’s small, but she’s not ready for us to get apartment quite yet, so this will have to do.”

“And there was another little cottage on the property, just a small walk from the main house. It’s the gardners house, El fell in love with it, so we’re living there.”

“So basically, I’m only living with Niall, Harry, and Liam now,” Sofia said, her grin growing wider, “That’s great.”

“Not so fast,” Zayn growled, “I’m literally 5 steps away from the house, and I will still be watching your every move…”

“Yeah, and El and I will be at the house everyday too,” Louis said, “So whatever plan you have to get away with whatever you want, you should just let that plan go, because it’s not happening.” Sofia groaned but shrugged.

“Ah well, it was nice while it lasted,” Sofia said, as the hospital door swung open, “Hi Doc!” Sofia said, smiling widely.

“Sofia, you seem like you’re in a better mood then you have been…” the doctor said.

“That’s because you’re finally releasing me, I am no longer your prisoner!” Sofia said

“Not so fast, Ms. Payne,” the doctor said, “If I let you go today, you have to promise me to take it easy…”