Next Time, They Won't Miss

Don pointed his gun towards the door, motioning to Liam to open it. Harry was holding Sofia’s hand so tight; she thought it might go numb. Don had some of his guys go in before they could, and then followed them into the kitchen. They were lead into the living room. No one was able to grab anything, and they were completely unprotected. They were surrounded all around by gun and by Don’s men. As they entered the living room, Don stood.

“Well, sit down,” he said, gesturing to the seats in the living room. Everyone sat on a couch, Sofia between Zayn and Harry. Emily was next to Zayn. Niall was on the edge of the couch. Danielle, Eleanor, and Louis took the other couch. Liam refused to sit; he stood, crossing his arms.

“You don’t want to get comfortable?” Don asked him.

“What do you want?” Liam asked, standing in front of Danielle.

“You don’t get to ask questions,” Don said, then he turned to look at Sofia, who was staring at him.

“At first, I wanted to take everything you took from me,” Don said, “I wanted to destroy your family.” He gestured to one of his men, who pointed a gun directly at the back of Danielle’s hand. Liam stiffened. Danielle put her head down, closing her eyes.

“But then, I realized you don’t have much family,” Don said, “shrugging. Only … these people…” he said, pointing to everyone around him. Guns were raised. He was putting on a show.

“Look, I’ll make any type of deal,” Liam said, glancing at Danielle, desperation slightly in his voice, “You want me? Fine.”

“Liam –“ Zayn interrupted, objecting. Liam held his hand up.

“Stop!” Don said, holding his hands up, “I don’t want a deal. So, anyway, I realized that you had these people. Then I saw her.” Don looked at Sofia, Harry grabbed her hand tighter.

“You’re beautiful,” he said, staring at her, “But you know that, don’t you?”

“Prettier then you,” Sofia said, Harry squeezed her hand, warning her. But Don laughed.

“There it is,” Don said, “You’re so intriguing. You’ve got spunk. So, I watched you. I thought to myself, I could destroy them and take their whore…” Harry glared at him, Sofia however was looking at the guns still pointed at the people she loved.

“So, I followed you…” Don said, “And I realized that you were living here, and you were going to the shooting range, and you were in the gym. I thought they were training their whore but they were all so protective of you…” he was staring at her.

“Too protective,” he said, “Not just the two of them either,” Don said pointing at Zayn and Harry, “But all of them…”

“And?” Sofia hissed

“And then I figured it out. You’re shot, you’re skills, the fierce look in your

eye. You were a Payne.” Sofia smirked slightly at him, still showing no fear.

“What do you want?” Harry grunted.

“To show you how easy it is for me to get my way,” Don said, “Watch. Sofia dear, stand up, or your brother’s wife here will get her head blow off.” Sofia looked over at Danielle, who was crying silently. Sofia stood up immediately, Harry still holding her hand.

“Come here,” Don said, Sofia was over to him, standing directly in front of him, still not breaking eye contact. He touched her face gently, Sofia stiffened.

“If anyone moves,” Don said, “Guns will go off, and whoever dies, dies.” And then he looked at Sofia again.

“Tell them not to move,” he said to Sofia.